Under direct supervision, performs standard engineering tasks utilizing established practices and procedures. Assignments may involve responsibility for planning and conducting a complete task or portion of a larger more diverse project, with little to no technical direction or oversight. This position requires candidate to follow applicable engineering procedures in order to align work processes with regulatory and customer requirements and to develop skills in order to ensure that the team/unit reaches required level of performance to meet project objectives.
This position will be responsible for:
- Performing standard Civil Engineering activities (rigging and handling plans / designs, structural, piping, concrete analyses) associated with nuclear power in the areas of design, development, analysis, evaluation, testing, preparation of specifications, and execution of field tasks and resolution of field problems.
- Preparation of engineering documents (specifications, drawings, conceptual designs and studies, analyses, and design change packages) in support of nuclear power design, operations and maintenance.
- Evaluates, selects and applies technical techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Ensures technical processes and procedures are adhered to and implemented in accordance with project proposal (cost, scope & schedule) and specifications.
- Interface with customer, construction organization and vendors / fabricators
- Ensuring compliance with government, organization and customer engineering standards.
- Reviews supplier/vendor documentation.
- Provides mentoring to less experienced engineers.
- Develops new or adapted products, methods, systems or models to provide added value solutions to customers.
- Researches and assesses best practices, proposing methods and improvements.
- Assists in proposal development.
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this Electrical Engineer opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- BS, Civil or Mechanical Engineering plus a minimum of 10 years of nuclear power plant experience. Advance degree may be substituted for related experience (MBA/MS 1-2yrs, PhD 1-3 yrs).
- Advanced knowledge and at least 5 years of experience in U.S. nuclear plant rigging and handling as well as civil/structural design, analysis, maintenance and current industry issues/initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects and work within detailed schedules and budgets.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to comprehend and convey detailed technical data to internal staff and external clients.
- Knowledge of design/system engineering for a commercial nuclear plant.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of US Nuclear Power Plant Civil related Codes, Standards & Regulations (e.g. NRC, AISC, ACI, INPO, etc.).
- Strong analytical ability and problem identification/problem resolution skills.
- Able to self-start with minimal oversight to prepare and develop design change packages under client design modification procedures.
- Must be able to obtain qualification through practical factors and oral boards at utility.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
The following requirements are desired.
- MS or ME in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineering License
- Demonstrated Rigging and Handling experience such as equipment design, lift plan development, and field oversight