• Capable of acquiring and maintaining Nuclear Project clearance.
• Thorough understanding of requests for proposals, project scope, estimates, schedules, and permits.
• Thorough knowledge of construction scheduling, document control, and records requirements.
• Experience and skill in identifying problem areas, investigating alternative solutions, and determining appropriate path forward.
• Understanding of contract language to ensure sufficient knowledge of the areas of performance covered by contracts and subcontracts.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience preparing clear and concise reports.
• Knowledge of Construction practices, Field Engineering, and Contract Technical Representative responsibilities.
• Strong familiarity with Standard Work Process Procedures.
• Experience with Nuclear or other major construction including Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, HVAC, Fire Protection, Instrumentation and Control.
• Experience with system and/or component functional testing and turnover to commissioning.
Position typically requires a recognized degree in engineering, construction, or contracts law discipline or specialized courses in contract management and a minimum of eight years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Responsibilities may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
• Provide oversight and/or management for assigned scopes of work in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Monitor performance in accordance with contract terms and conditions and site-specific requirements.
• Provide support and participate in construction project integrated teams.
• Interface daily with Field Engineers, Design Engineers, Project Managers, subcontractors, project team members, and subject matter experts.
• Serve as the point of contact between client and the contractor to provide clear and concise direction and prevent multiple lines of communication.
• Assists in the resolution of issues that arise during construction operations.
• Manage the timely completion of all construction related corrective actions.
• Maintain reports of contractor’s activities.
• Enhance contractor performance and assist in ensuring contract adherence, preventing contractor failure, and providing appropriate guidance to preclude contractor rework and reduce compliance risk.
• Participate in appropriate meetings with contractor including: (planning, progress review, schedule, walk downs, etc.).
• Support coordination of contractor activities with work performed by others.
• Enforce all contract requirements.
• Engaging appropriate subject matter experts as necessary to assist in verifying contract performance.
• Ensure appropriate contract documentation is generated and maintained.
• Track and ensure contractor requests, submittals, and required contract changes are addressed in a timely fashion.
• Review contractor’s invoices for approval.
• Provide field management and enforcement of safety, cost and schedule, technical, and environmental and health performance within the terms of the contract.
• As required, obtain support from design authority, procurement, quality control, Project Management and other organizations to ensure acceptable contract performance.