A Construction Work Planner is responsible for planning of Construction work orders and following management standards and expectations. This position is required to interact with multiple functions of the Project, including Project Management, Design Engineering, Field Engineering, Procurement, Quality Control, Authorized Nuclear Inservice Inspectors (ANI1), NRC Inspectors, Welding Engineers, Construction Management and Project Senior Management. This includes interacting with Functional Area Field Engineering to ensure work packages meet the needs of construction as well as the Construction Project Schedule.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Construction Work Planner must:
- Ensure standards are understood and followed.
- Interface with other departments to plan scheduled work to support the Construction project.
- Create work packages for craft and contractor use in the field.
- Maintain high standards and hold other personnel accountable for meeting standards.
- Ensure management expectations for personnel safety are met for the planning group.
- Use Lessons Learned from field execution to improve performance.
- Continually drive process improvements to the Construction planning process.
JOB REQUIREMENTS Education Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED is required
- A minimum of two (2) years of large project construction planning experience is preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years of related experience is required in planning, project management and/or scheduling.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of common computer tools, including MS Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Maximo planning software is desired.
- Knowledge of AP1000 Nuclear design is desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Planning disciplines can be any of the following:
- Instrument & Controls
- Develop work packages to support construction activities associated with field installations for Vogtle 3&4. This will include:
- Reviewing the design drawings and break the design down into workable scopes
- Prepare work packages within the scopes identified above
- Perform material take offs where necessary
- Screen the work package for applicable impacts (i.e., ITAAC, ASME, QC, etc.)
- Perform walk downs with field engineering and construction leadership at various stages of the planning process
- Work with construction leadership to establish the installation sequence for the activity
- Utilize Maximo as the tool for preparing work packages
- Perform auxiliary functions such as preparing weld data sheets, etc., when necessary
- Must be able to interface with other departments to plan scheduled work.
- Ensure work plans and schedules fully utilize available worker-hours.
- Must use operating experience to prevent problems and improve performance, must use self-assessments to identify opportunities to improve and confirm good performance, and also must use benchmarking to improve performance.
- Must have working knowledge of computer software programs supporting assigned area such as Maximo, and Excel.
- Must be well organized and capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must have strong problem-solving
- Must have working knowledge of codes, standards and technical specifications.
- Must have working knowledge of plant systems, structures and components.
- Must be a change agent.
- Must possess desire to improve processes and performance.
- Must demonstrate interest in the business challenge.
- Any applicant accepting this position will be required to meet background screening and security requirements.
- Any applicant accepting this position will be required to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Any applicant accepting this position must ensure personal safety standards are understood and enforced and that assigned workers perform their work safely.