The Construction Work Package Closure Field Engineer, is responsible for closure of a defined scope of construction work packages with quality as the overriding priority, adhering to management standards and expectations, and peer-to-peer coaching and feedback. This position requires cross-organizational interaction with Field Engineering, Construction Supervision and Management, Weld Engineering, Quality Controls, Quality Engineering, and ITAAC to correct organizational behaviors and accountability relative to work package closure, and to ensure process quality and efficiency.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Construction Work Package Closure Field Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing feedback on procedural processes to initiate revisions that maximize efficiency while maintaining work package quality paramount and in compliance with NQA-1
- Adhering to and supporting Health, Safety & Environmental Policies
- Analyzing and making independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines
- Collecting data for input to metrics (both internal and external) to hold organizations accountable to their responsibilities relative to work package closure
- Ensuring quality in work package closure reviews to comply with NQA-1 and design engineering requirements
- Planning and organizing own work assignments, as well as carrying out tasks and maintaining priorities set by management staff
- Maintaining compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, and global standards
- Effectively developing and applying the core skills of the job
- Meeting expectations on attendance and punctuality
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in science, engineering, or technical field of study preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of large construction project work package closure experience desired
- A minimum of four (4) years of related experience in project management and/or quality documentation review and verification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to interface with other departments to coordinate work package closure, update status, and review scheduled work packages.
- Must have ability to work effectively in team environment
- Must have ability to influence cross-functionally
- Must have working knowledge of common computer tools, including EDMS, MS Word, and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Maximo and P6 is preferred
- Must be well organized and capable of handling multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of project engineering requirements
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of codes, standards and technical specifications desired.
- Working knowledge of plant systems, structures and components desired.
- Must be a change agent.
- Must possess desire to improve processes and performance
- Must demonstrate interest in the business challenge
- Any applicant accepting this position will be required to meet background screening and security requirements.
- Any applicant accepting this position will be required to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Any applicant accepting this position must ensure personal safety standards are understood and enforced and that assigned workers perform their work safely.