Corporate Records Paralegal
|Job Order ID:||2039
|Web Publication Date:||5/1/2019
|Number of Positions:||1
|Job Location:||Vancouver, BC Canada
About The Role and Our Client
Our client is one of the most progressive firms in its league. This firm is known for their professionalism, positive work culture, employee engagement, and low turnover. They are a large sized firm located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, and are currently looking for an Intermediate to Senior Corporate Records Paralegal to join their fantastic team!
Duties & Responsibilities
- - Prepares documentation for BC companies and federal corporations, including incorporations and organizations, continuances, amalgamations, dissolutions, reorganizations, restorations and drafting of special rights and restrictions attached to shares
- - Assists lawyers with the preparation of legal documents relating to all stages of complex corporate transactions, including section 85 rollovers, section 86 share exchanges and private mergers and acquisitions
- - Prepares and files documents for partnerships, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations across Canada
- - Prepares documents to change the registered and records office, effect name changes. change share capital, issue and transfer shares, appoint and remove directors and officers and other basic miscellaneous resolutions
- - Prepares documents for BC societies and federal not-for-profit corporations
- - Conducts minute book reviews and prepares documents to correct minute book deficiencies
- - Conducts corporate searches in all jurisdictions across Canada
- - Attends to filings with the BC Registrar of Companies and Corporations Canada
- - Prepared to take on other responsibilities as required
Education and Qualifications
- - Paralegal Certification
- - A minimum of 3-5 years in a Corporate Paralegal role
- - Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- - Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and work effectively under pressure
- - Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen effectively and respond appropriately
- - Ability to work well both independently and as a contributing member of a team, managing work and priorities successfully in each setting
- - Comprehensive understanding of the Business Corporations Act (British Columbia), the Canada Business Corporations Act and the Societies Act (British Columbia)
- - A sense of humour never hurts!
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply directly to this posting or email us your Resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more, please see www.arlynrecruiting.com/job-postings
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
About Arlyn Recruiting
After more than 20 years of legal recruitment, coaching, and consultancy, we at Arlyn Recruiting have come to specialize in the complexity that is human resources. Very specifically, in the legal field. We focus on the people, and by encompassing these important facets that make up a successful organization, we’ve become experts in providing quality, first-rate service for both our clients and candidates.
It’s about the journey: Whether it would be matching a candidate to an organization or providing guidance on how to steer your career in the right direction, we are passionate about our people, bringing the “human” back into human resources.