|Job Order ID:||2079
|Web Publication Date:||5/22/2019
|Job Location:||Vancouver Canada
About The Role and Our Client
A mid-size and growing, Vancouver based plaintiff personal injury law firm in the Downtown core is currently recruiting for an Insurance LAA to assist their fast paced practice. As their Insurance LAA, you will be responsible for a variety of duties, while providing direct support to a team of motivated individuals. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join a thriving firm, where growth and career development are achievable. If you are a quick, motivated and driven candidate looking to further your career, this may be the perfect role for you!
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage a personal injury claim file;
- Moderate experience with case management, dealing with ICBC, clients and intake;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Superior organizational/document management skills with an outstanding attention to details;
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Prepare a variety of legal documents and correspondence ensuring compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage in documents;
- Conducts research of records, court files and other legal documents. May assist lawyers by interviewing clients and other related parties, assembling documentary evidence and arranging for trials;
- Maintains a well-organized work environment and implements efficient processes that minimize lawyer’s administrative load and ensures ease of reference to client documents;
- Performs administrative activities required to complete the legal processes including: sending/receiving faxes, attends to BC Online/LTSA searches;
- General administrative duties as required.
Education and Qualifications
- Completion of legal assistant diploma from an accredited institution plus legal assistant experience;
- Experience working in BC or Common Law setting would be an asset (in a corporate, professional services, customer and/or law firm environment);
- Knowledge and experience in drafting correspondence to insurance adjusters, defence, counsel, clinics and clients;
- Strong knowledge of litigation, court rules and filing procedures;
- A professional demeanor, knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Calendar, email, Excel, and Word are essential skills;
- Excellent spoken English, written composition, spelling, grammar, and editing skills
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply directly to this posting or email us your Resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more, please see www.arlynrecruiting.com/job-postings
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
About Arlyn Recruiting
After more than 20 years of legal recruitment, coaching, and consultancy, we at Arlyn Recruiting have come to specialize in the complexity that is human resources. Very specifically, in the legal field. We focus on the people, and by encompassing these important facets that make up a successful organization, we’ve become experts in providing quality, first-rate service for both our clients and candidates.
It’s about the journey: Whether it would be matching a candidate to an organization or providing guidance on how to steer your career in the right direction, we are passionate about our people, bringing the “human” back into human resources.
Note: Applications will be sent to email@example.com.