Online placement (E-Volunteer)
Start Date: Ongoing
Length of Placement: 3 Months
E-Volunteers typically spend between 2-10 hours per week depending on project requirements
Language Requirements: English, French or Spanish Level 5-Fluent
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada Only
The E-Volunteer’s Role
Your skills can have an international reach and global impact – just by volunteering online!
We’re inviting candidates with a Workshop Facilitation background to apply for upcoming online placements to support our local partners around the world.
Please be advised, duties, education and essential requirements may vary by partner and project.
As an e-volunteer, you will:
- Collaborate with the partner organization on the intended objectives and outcomes of the workshop and assist in developing an engaging online or local workshop to achieve these goals
- Work with staff on the implementation of the local or virtual workshop and facilitate group activities remotely as needed
- Develop a toolkit for the materials needed, activities, and techniques
- Create a safe space and an environment of sharing and learning during the workshop to allow participants to generate their own ideas and speak up about their thoughts
- Focus on the group’s progress and make sure participants are all on the same page
- Collect results from workshop attendants, evaluate responses, report on findings and provide recommendations for areas of improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in facilitating workshops for a multicultural and diverse group of people
- Outgoing and energetic personality with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work reliably in a virtual environment
Cuso International’s e-volunteering program welcomes new and returning volunteers to work with our international program partners and volunteers remotely. E-Volunteering offers many of the benefits gained from international volunteering, while having the extra advantage of fitting into one's regular weekly schedule without needing a passport. Contributing and giving back to a community, gaining new skills, and making new connections are common benefits of e-volunteering and for Cuso International it is a great opportunity to engage more people in its mission.
E-Volunteers are expected to supply their own basic home office equipment, Internet and have a moderate knowledge of computer technology. Some of our partners are located in remote areas with unreliable internet connection. In addition, for some of our partners, this is their first experience working with e-volunteers so flexibility and patience is a valuable e-volunteer characteristic.
Not sure whether e-volunteering may be right for you? Take this short survey to find out!
Additional information about our e-volunteering
About Us and the Project
Cuso International is a not-for-profit development organization that works to eradicate poverty and inequality. Each year, we mobilize hundreds of volunteer professionals to work alongside local partners to maximize their impact through capacity building. We work in partnership with governments, civil society organizations, multilateral agencies and the private sector to develop and deliver programs aimed at advancing gender equality, promoting the empowerment of women and girls, and improving access to and quality of economic opportunities for young people.
Project - Sharing Canadian Expertise for Inclusive Development and Gender Equality (SHARE)
Cuso International will deliver the Sharing Canadian Expertise for Inclusive Development and Gender Equality (SHARE) project, with a contribution from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) over seven years (2020-2027). SHARE aims to improve the economic and/or social well-being of the poorest, most marginalized and vulnerable people, particularly women and girls, in developing countries, with a view to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals. In addition to increasing engagement of Canadians in international development and key global issues, this project will aim to increase the performance of country partners to deliver more inclusive, innovative and environmentally sustainable development initiatives that advance gender equality, in support of the action areas of Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy.