|Job Order ID:
|$17 / Hr
|Muskoka (Huntsville), Ontario Canada P1H 2E8
WHO WE ARE…
Deerhurst Resort is your host to the true Muskoka experience.
What is important to us…
We have FUN.
We value INTEGRITY.
We believe in TOGETHERNESS.
POSITION: Room Attendant
WAGE: $17 Per Hour
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Supervisor
STATUS OF POSITION: Full-Time
JOB HIGHLIGHTS: AM shift Work, Team Environment, Shuttle Service, Staff Housing Available
Nestled in the heart of Muskoka, Deerhurst Resort can become your new office with a view. Becoming a Host unlocks a world of opportunity to not only grow your hospitality career but yourself as well. On top of the beautiful and relaxing surroundings Deerhurst Hosts enjoy complementary activities such as Golf, Canoeing, Kayaking etc. Discounts on food, clothing and our concessions, such as water skiing, paintball, ATVing. Affordable staff housing is available on site and includes laundry, internet, shuttle service. Join our team and find out why thousands of people visit Deerhurst every year. Apply to Deerhurst today, Muskoka’s preferred place to work and play.
The Room Attendants will be responsible for maintaining clean, sanitized Guest Rooms & Public Areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides responsive and empathetic service to guests and colleagues
- Ensures the well-being of our guests and hosts by being alert to and reporting potential hazards
- Models all Deerhurst Resort Standards while caring for the guests, co-workers and owners
- Comfortable making decisions and develops recommendations for effective problem solving
- Provides daily cleaning & sanitation per standards, including but not limited to: Public Areas, Guest Rooms, and Public Corridors
- Responds to direct guest requests in an empathetic and timely manner
- Ensures communication of maintenance issues in a timely manner
- Maintains equipment in a clean and proper working order, reporting any concerns
- Ensures correct placement of Furniture, Fixtures, Amenities & Equipment
- Completes all other duties as assigned
- Guest oriented with a sincere, helpful, caring and friendly personality
- Able to work well with others
- Able to take initiative within given guidelines
- Pays precise attention to detail, order and cleanliness
- Has exceptional energy, flexibility and professionalism
- Enjoys offering exceptional service and meeting the needs of others
- Able to adapt in a fast pace, constant changing environment
- Able to maintain composure and objectivity
- Able to identify problems and make recommendations for improvements
- Is flexible with their schedule, primary will work day shift and occasional evening shift, as business levels require
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Able to move up and down stairs frequently
- Able to occasionally work outdoors in seasonal temperatures
- Able to lift, bend, carry & move constantly 11 to 29 pounds, frequently 30 to 49 pounds, occasionally 50 to 75 pounds
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in Canada
The above job description is not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills or efforts associated with or expected of the role, but are intended to accurately reflect principal job elements.