|Job Order ID:||1762
|Job Location:||Fraser Valley BC
Our client is a Canadian-owned family business manufacturing food service packaging product to meet the specific demands of retail consumers, food service operators and the packaging industry.
For over 75 years they have grown to be one of the largest in the industry with 5 production facilities and customers across North America. With the continued growth, our client needs to hire 4 new shift supervisors.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure the safe use of equipment while achieving maximum output and minimal waste
- Directly supervise, plan, monitor, coach, counsel and discipline employees
- Plan and monitor the workforce schedules, vacation leave, sick and other leaves
- Work with the management team and other stakeholders to plan and implement programs that support the business needs current and long term
- Follow and adjust the production schedule as outlined or needed
- Ensure compliance with safety practices, procedures and policies
- Shift work (2 days/2 nights- 8:00 – 8:00, 4 days off)
What We’re Looking For Includes:
- Sound knowledge and demonstrable success of providing leadership in a unionized environment
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience supervising and leading people
- Effective team builder with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Preference to candidates who possess a Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
An excellent salary is offered including shift premiums, great benefit package with pension match and career opportunities with a fast-growing company.
If this sounds like the right role for you and you are confident in your leadership apply now!