Human Resources Coordinator/Generalist
|Job Order ID:||1814
|Job Location:||Surrey BC
Our client has been in business for over 100 years and is experiencing tremendous growth! With no signs of slowing down, they are seeking a talented HR Coordinator to support this growth by ensuring employees across BC and AB know that there is a team at the head office in Surrey that cares and is responsive to any concerns that come up along the way. You will play a part in ensuring top employees are recognized by having long term growth plans in place for them. You have a flair for recruitment and even great skills focused on employee retention. If you have a diploma or degree in HR , are pursuing your CPHR designation, and have a minimum of three years' experience in a multi unit retail, wholesale or distribution environment, this is a great time to join a company that is regularly recognized as one of Canada's best employers!
What you will be doing:
- Acting as an advisor to management on all human resources related policies and procedures
- Facilitating full cycle recruitment activities including sourcing, interviewing, selection, onboarding and regular follow up
- You will be the go-to person for all benefit related questions and coordinating benefits administration
- Collaborating with the health and safety teams
- Coordinating social activities
- Recognizing high potential employees and helping to build long term plans for career growth
- Ensuring optimized use of the HR/Payroll functions within the ERP
- Creating policy handbooks, employee reports and maintaining company intranet
- Special projects as required
Who you are:
- Ideally you have a diploma or degree in HR or an otherwise relevant field
- You have at least three years' experience preferably in a non-union environment
- Ideally, you have experience in a relevant industrial sales/distribution environment
- You must be very technically strong and able to ensure the HR team is taking advantage of the capabilities within the ERP system - ideally you have experience using ADP Workforce Now
- You have a strong foundation of knowledge of multiple provincial employment standards and OHS regulations
- You must have a valid driver's license.
This is an opportunity to join an organization considered to be an "employer of choice" having won numerous accolades over the years. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a generous salary/vacation/benefits package, professional development support, long term career growth opportunities, and a great place to go to work everyday where employees get along and work as a team. Interested candidates are asked to submit their resumes ASAP!