|Job Order ID:||1867
|Job Location:||Surrey BC
For the last 90 years our client has been manufacturing quality products for the CPG sector. Through their innovative approach and state of the art equipment they have been able to meet and exceed their client's expectations. Today they are looking to add a Safety Specialist to the team. In this role you will manage the systems and procedures as per the company operating guidelines. As the representative for Safety, you will report directly to the operations team and also be responsible for workplace safety.
If this sounds like a role you are interested in please send us your resume.
- Identify OHS and Environmental training requirements
- Developing and facilitating required training
- Support Joint Occupational Health, Safety and Security Committee
- Organizing the purchase and maintaining the inventory of facility safety equipment
- Developing monthly safety talk information
- Key contact for WSCB and employees regarding completion of claims
- Leading the Green Team at the facility
- Completing and/or coordinating inspections, report findings and recommend actions.
- Ensuring safety SOP’s are maintained and new SOP’s are developed when needed
- Supervising the Emergency Response Team activities
- Ensures compliance with environmental regulations
- Participating in Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives as required
- Training and experience in emergency care
- 5 years of safety experience in a fast-paced environment
- Proven leadership abilities in health and safety
- Some exposure to environmental regulation
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to generate, maintain and respond to key performance indicators
- Excellent verbal/written communication skill
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Power Point Required education