Financial Operations Analyst
|Job Location:||Vancouver BC
We are looking for a result driven Financial Operations Analyst to join a highly professional, high growth environment within the Mining Industry for my client located downtown Vancouver.
Reporting directly to the Corporate Controller, the Financial Operations Analyst will work closely with the Finance team of 9 and will be solely responsible for the translation of the their African site operations into the USD functional and reporting currency, review of working papers prepared by two other mine site accounting teams, and all other related monthly activities.
The Financial Operations Analyst will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Input mine site data into the Head Office Syspro USD general ledger and translate data to USD functional currency.
- Prepare month-end reporting working papers and journal entries in the USD general ledger under IFRS guidelines.
- Review working papers prepared by the African mine site accounting teams.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports under IFRS.
- Assist with the annual budget forecast.
- Assist with the annual audit.
- Assist with preparation of financial analyses for Senior Management.
- Assist with projects as required.
The ideal Financial Operations Analyst will have a minimum of 3 years of hands on full cycle accounting experience working within Sage 300 & Syspro. Experience with multi-currency consolidations, hands on experience in financial reporting under IFRS, hold a professional accounting designation and having experience implementing business processes and systems is an added bonus! The Financial Operations Analyst will be detail oriented, have exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills and can work well independently as well as in a team. Experience in Mining is preferred.
If you would like to apply for this role and you can see yourself moving forward within this organization please contact Kristy Roberts, Senior Consultant, MacDonald Search Group firstname.lastname@example.org or directly at 604-687-6464.