Manager, Project Operations
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
As a member of Resonance’s Project Operations team, the Manager will play a critical role in supporting the implementation of Resonance’s projects throughout the project life cycle. S/he will provide guidance and practical support to the project management units on all matters related to project financial management, operations, contract and subcontract management, and compliance. S/he will also support the implementation of Resonance’s business development strategy by participating in the proposal development process in a variety of roles. The Project Operations Manager will be based in Burlington, VT, and will work in close collaboration with Resonance’s project staff and other departments within the company. S/he will report to the Project Operations Director.
• Provide support to project teams from project start-up to close-out on all matters related to project financial management, operations, contract and subcontract management, and compliance.
• Provide guidance to the project management teams in setting up project management systems that meet client, contractual, and regulatory requirements.
• In consultation with the Project Operations Director, troubleshoot project operations issues, including but not limited to client relations, contractual, financial, personnel, and compliance matters.
• Serve as a liaison between the project teams (in the U.S. and abroad) and Resonance’s Finance and Accounting department.
• Help ensure a consistent application of the governing rules and regulations as well as Resonance’s internal policies and procedures in project implementation.
• Conduct internal project audits to identify areas of weakness and risk, and develop action plans that mitigate them.
• Support the development and implementation of Resonance’s global operations systems and procedures for project management and implementation.
• Identify capacity development needs for the U.S.- and field-based project staff and, in collaboration with Director, Project Operations, design and deliver formal and informal trainings in the areas of project management, regulatory compliance, project financial management, etc.
• Serve as a resource person to project staff on the questions of regulatory compliance.
New Business Development:
• Lead the proposal development process in a variety of roles (with an emphasis on cost proposals) in support of Resonance’s business development strategy.
• Review terms and conditions of solicitations and convey risks and opportunities to members of the proposal team.
• Review terms and conditions of Resonance’s teaming arrangements and convey risks and opportunities to members of the proposal team.
• Participate in the development of pricing strategies and methodologies for Resonance’s cost proposals.
• Review Resonance’s cost proposals for cost competitiveness, reasonableness, and regulatory compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, International Development, or another related field; Master’s degree preferred
• At least five years of experience managing donor-funded projects (preferably funded by USAID and the U.S. Department of State)
• Strong working knowledge of the U.S. Government rules and regulations (including but not limited to FAR, AIDAR, ADS, CFR)
• Practical skills in project financial management, contract administration, compliance, and other project operations and management areas are a plus
• Experience working on bids and proposals in a variety of roles
• Experience working in a developing country and in cross-cultural, multi-lingual settings
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Foreign language proficiency preferred
• Availability for international travel, sometimes on short notice
• Eligibility to work in US
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Manager, Project Operations” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.