|Washington, DC or Burlington, VT
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
As a member of Resonance’s Project Operations team, the Operations Manager will play a critical role in supporting the implementation of Resonance’s projects throughout the project life cycle. S/he will provide guidance and practical support to the project management units on all matters related to project financial management, operations, contract and subcontract management, and compliance. S/he will also support the implementation of Resonance’s business development strategy by participating in the proposal development process in a variety of roles.
The Operations Manager will be based in Washington, DC, or Burlington, VT, and will work in close collaboration with Resonance’s project staff and other departments within the company. S/he will report to the Project Operations Director.
• Provide support to project teams from project start-up to close-out on all matters related to project financial management, operations, contract and subcontract management, and compliance.
• Provide guidance to the project management teams in setting up project management systems that meet client, contractual, and regulatory requirements.
• In consultation with the Project Operations Director, troubleshoot project operations issues, including but not limited to client relations, contractual, financial, personnel, and compliance matters.
• Serve as a liaison between the project teams (in the U.S. and abroad) and Resonance’s Finance and Accounting department.
• Help ensure a consistent application of the governing rules and regulations as well as Resonance’s internal policies and procedures in project implementation.
• Conduct internal project audits to identify areas of weakness and risk, and develop action plans that mitigate them.
• Support the development and implementation of Resonance’s global operations systems and procedures for project management and implementation.
• Identify capacity development needs for the U.S.- and field-based project staff and, in collaboration with Director, Project Operations, design and deliver formal and informal trainings in the areas of project management, regulatory compliance, project financial management, etc.
• Serve as a resource person to project staff on the questions of regulatory compliance.
New Business Development:
• Lead the proposal development process in a variety of roles (with an emphasis on cost proposals) in support of Resonance’s business development strategy.
• Review terms and conditions of solicitations and convey risks and opportunities to members of the proposal team.
• Review terms and conditions of Resonance’s teaming arrangements and convey risks and opportunities to members of the proposal team.
• Participate in the development of pricing strategies and methodologies for Resonance’s cost proposals.
• Review Resonance’s cost proposals for cost competitiveness, reasonableness, and regulatory compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, International Development, or another related field; Master’s degree preferred.
• At least five years of experience managing donor-funded projects (preferably funded by USAID and the U.S. Department of State).
• Good working knowledge of the U.S. Government rules and regulations (including but not limited to FAR, AIDAR, ADS, CFR).
• Practical skills in project financial management, contract administration, compliance, and other project operations and management areas are a plus.
• Experience working on bids and proposals in a variety of roles.
• Experience working in a developing country and in cross-cultural, multi-lingual settings.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Foreign language proficiency preferred.
• Availability for international travel, sometimes on short notice.
• Eligibility to work in US
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Operations Manager” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.