Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
The Senior Manager in the Secure Communities/Human Capital practice area will lead project management activities for current and anticipated contracts focused on governance, youth development, workforce development, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and countering violent extremism (CVE). The Senior Manager will report to the Director, Secure Communities & Human Capital. This will be a full-time position based in Washington, D. C.
Project Management (50%)
• Lead project management activities focused on a portfolio of USAID-funded programs in the areas of governance, CVE, monitoring and evaluation, workforce development and/or youth development.
• Serve as primary client relationship manager under Resonace's projects
• Manage a portfolio of client projects, ensuring outstanding technical assistance delivery as well as efficient and compliant project/budget management
• Assist in the management of IDIQs under the Secure Communities/Human Capital practice
• Mentor and supervise junior home office as well as project field staff
Business Development (25%)
• Play a central role in expanding portfolio by developing and deepening client relationships with donor agencies, commercial entities, foundations, development finance institutions, and others
• Support the capture and proposal development process, including the management of proposals, writing of technical inputs, supporting development of cost inputs, and coordinating with partners, prime contractors, and subcontractors
• Contribute to the Secure Communities/Human Capital diversification strategy and goals
• Support Resonance thought leadership through writing blog posts and industry articles, public presentations, etc.
• Provide technical assistance in key areas relevant to Secure Communities/Human Capital practice
• Explore relevant private sector engagement strategies for the Secure Communities/Human Capital practice
• Provide technical assistance to client projects to identify, build, manage and evaluate private sector engagement as necessary
• 10+ years of demonstrated leadership experience in a professional services context.
• MBA or equivalent advanced degree.
• Previous experience establishing and growing a new line of business in a professional services context.
• Demonstrated track record of driving top-line revenue growth.
• Proven leadership skills with an ability to act as a change agent within the company and inspire others to achieve their best work.
• Experienced leader with the ability to communicate effectively and drive the commercial vision, mission, and strategy of the company both internally and externally.
• Familiarity with and understanding of the tenets of corporate sustainability, impact investing and global development.
• Proven ability to effectively coach and mentor staff.
• Provide and tap into an extensive network of contacts among targeted client segments.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and evolving entrepreneurial environment.
• Experience managing teams, client expectations and complex projects.
• Experience living and/or working in a frontier market context.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Senior Manager, Secure Communities” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.