Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
The Senior Manager will join Resonance’s Inclusive Markets practice, which designs partnerships, manages projects, and carries out research and analysis to solve pressing private sector development issues. Our work spans numerous economic development sectors including: agriculture, competitiveness, innovation, and trade, with an overarching focus on Private Sector Engagement (PSE). The Senior Manager will play a critical technical and project management role on the team, facilitating cross-sectoral partnerships on behalf of Resonance clients, managing prime and subcontracts in the agriculture and competitiveness sectors, and leading business development efforts in these areas.This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, with frequent travel to developing countries to support project implementation activities.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for project oversight, technical inputs, and client engagement for a variety of Inclusive Markets projects, including those in Moldova, Timor-Leste, and Tunisia. The Senior Manager will provide technical support to other Resonance projects focused on PSE in support of agriculture, multi-stakeholder alliances, trade, and competitiveness. S/he will also play a critical role in our business development strategy in Washington, DC, building relationships with a range of potential clients and partners. Specific responsibilities include:
Project Management (40%)
• Manage strategic prime contracts and subcontracts, ensuring outstanding technical delivery as well as efficient and compliant project/budget management, including:
o Support recruiting for local and international consultants as needed
o Support identification and management of local implementing partners
o Support management and oversight of technical SOWs, contracts, reporting, activities and deliverables
o Manage the overall project budgets, support monthly invoicing, and manage financial reporting as needed
o Work with the Resonance operations team to ensure contract compliance
o Work with the IM Deputy Director, Director, and technical teams to design and develop project work plans and project activities, and ensure high quality and timely deliverables
o Other duties as assigned and as needed
• Manage specific Tasks under the Trade and Competitiveness Activity (TCA) and/or the Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) projects
• Mentor junior home office and project field staff
• Apply technical expertise to client projects to identify, build, manage, and evaluate PSE approaches and partnerships, using Resonance’s Sustainable Transparent Effective Partnerships (STEP) methodology
• Support field assessments, research/analysis, curricula development for training, training delivery, PSE workshop preparation and delivery, and evaluations to advance PSE and partnership development for Resonance’s clients and projects
• Support the design and deployment of approaches to develop and support agriculture development, trade and competitiveness to advance Resonance’s expertise in those fields.
Business Development (25%)
• Play a significant role in expanding Resonance’s project portfolio by developing and expanding client relationships with development implementers, donor agencies, commercial customers, foundation, NGOs, and others
• Support the capture and proposal development process, including the management of proposals, writing of technical inputs, supporting development of cost inputs, and coordinating with partners, primes, and subcontractors
• Support Resonance thought leadership through writing blog posts and articles, making public presentations, attending and speaking at relevant conferences, etc.
• Advanced degree in international relations, international development, agriculture, business administration, or related field
• At least 8 – 10 years of project management experience in the international development or business context
• Familiarity with USAID and/or other donor policies and processes
• Experience with and passion for Private Sector Engagement (PSE), agriculture development, private sector development, trade, and competitiveness
• Demonstrated track record in facilitating cross-sector collaboration, preferably for international companies, NGOs, donors or foundations operating in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and/or the Middle East
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Ability to travel up to 30% on short notice
• Eligibility to work in US
• Working fluency in French and/or Spanish preferred