Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking a creative, passionate, and inspired Marketing & Communications professional to join our company’s headquarters in Burlington, VT. This position will oversee all aspects of Resonance’s marketing and communications work and will work directly with project staff and the strategy & innovation team. S/he will be billable on client projects up to 40%. This is a full-time exempt position based in Burlington, VT, reporting to the Director of Strategy & Innovation. Ability to travel as needed is required.
- Develop a thoughtful and robust communications strategy and budget considering Resonance's industry, growth priorities, and current scale
- Develop a public relations strategy for Resonance
- Write, post and submit press releases and project announcements about recent wins and project milestones
- Support and manage conference strategies
- Develop and manage social media strategies, speaking-role submissions, networking strategies, and lead generation
- Create and manage Social Media and Communications Campaigns for specific projects
- Work with project teams to develop thought leadership articles and blog posts on their work and research
- Get content published in relevant publications
- Manage and post social media content on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Work with project teams to post relevant content on their projects and services.
- Develop video content in the form of case studies, services, client testimonials, etc.
- Write, update and edit website content and photos to keep the website up-to-date
- Draft, edit, and design one-pagers for Resonance practice areas and specific government projects - some examples include expertise areas and services, cape statements, project one-pagers, case studies, etc.
- Work with the Business Development team to support the proposal process through formatting, graphics management, and editing.
- Build, design and format presentations for billable projects, workshops and conferences
- Manage the development of basic infographics and charts for specific billable project work and for proposals.
- Work with the project teams and freelance designers to ensure the process is efficient and seamless.
- Other projects as needed and requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field; Master's degree preferred
- 5 - 7 years' experience in marketing & communications
- Excellent storyteller with exceptional writing skills and the ability to tailor voice for different channels
- Competence as a creative writer with an eye for great emails and landing pages
- Knowledge and experience in the global development industry and USAID contracting preferred
- A drive to continually learn and stay informed about best practices in communications and marketing and a commitment to excellence.
- A strong understanding of digital communications, including social media, email, and web
- Knowledge of Microsoft word (template creation), basic Adobe Creative Suites, WordPress, video, and/or HTML
- Collaborative and energetic and able to work both on a team and independently
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking
- Eligibility to work in US
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Marketing Manager” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.