Manager, Sustainability & Partnerships
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking a thoughtful, creative and entrepreneurial Manager to put Resonance at the forefront of cross-sector collaboration, putting cutting-edge thinking and insight into practice. The Manager will be responsible for end-to-end product management of the Partnership Journey, including product design, tools, methodologies, marketing, staff/client training and knowledge management. Since 2005, Resonance has been a pioneer in designing, facilitating, brokering and managing high-impact cross-sector partnerships among companies, donors and NGOs. In 2017, Resonance began consolidating all of its knowledge and experience in partnerships into a new product, the Partnership Journey. The Manager is expected to be 40% billable to partnership-focused client engagements, providing the Manager with a first-hand understanding of client needs and challenges. The Manager will also play a key role in developing Resonance thought leadership through speaking engagements, partnerships with relevant academic institutions, blogging, and authoring articles for publication. This is a full-time position based in Burlington, VT, reporting to the Director of Strategy and Innovation. Ability to travel 30% domestically or internationally on short notice required.
The Manager will provide technical excellence and curation of Resonance’s partnership products and services in the following ways:
Partnership Journey Product Management (40%)
• Provide intellectual leadership on the Resonance approach to partnerships;
• Consolidate and curate existing Resonance partnership tools and products;
• Identify, design, develop and test new partnership-related products and tools;
• Develop go-to market plans and pricing structures for partnership products and tools;
• Support the development and roll out of partnership knowledge management systems across the firm;
• Evaluate market competition and position Resonance products to appeal to clients;
• Train and mentor staff to use tools effectively and consistently across the company.
Partnership Journey Thought Leadership (20%)
• Develop and execute a thought leadership strategy that positions Resonance as the go-to firm for cross-sector collaboration;
• Author and co-author articles, blog posts and other publications;
• Foster research and thought leadership partnerships with leading universities and think tanks;
• Deliver presentations and speeches at industry events and convenings;
• Represent Resonance at appropriate partnership-related fora and events;
• Mentor and support Resonance staff to develop industry-leading thought leadership.
Client Engagement (40%)
• Serve as partnership-focused technical resource for clients, providing analytical, facilitation and/or brokering support;
• Support the preparation of client deliverables, including assessments, evaluations, trip reports, etc., including editing and ensuring adherence to client deliverable requirements;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
• 5+ years of professional experience developing practitioner-focused partnership tools, case studies and methodologies
• Demonstrated experience engaging with academic institutions on the development of applied cross-sector collaboration tools, methodologies and insights
• Understanding of and demonstrated passion for sustainability and cross-sector collaboration
• Proven capability in research and quantitative analysis
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills
• Ability to balance a diverse range of tasks simultaneously
• Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT) and OSX applications
• Fluency in a foreign language helpful, but not required (French, Spanish, or Arabic preferred)
• Eligibility to work in US
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Manager, Sustainability & Partnerships” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.