Senior Associate, Impact Investing
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
The Senior Associate will play a key role on the Impact Investing team, while also serving across Resonance’s practice areas as a technical resource on topics such as investment opportunity identification & evaluation, capital raising advisory services, and investment strategy development such as structuring result-based financing mechanisms. S/he will play a critical technical role in providing expert advice on mobilizing investment and private capital for development objectives on behalf of Resonance clients (donor agencies, corporations, and non-profits around the world). S/he must be able to work seamlessly across cultures and sectors to identify, develop, and facilitate innovative financing strategies to achieve client objectives in international development.
In addition, The Senior Associate will also help drive company growth through business development focused primarily on the private sector, non-profits and foundation clients. S/he will serve as a thought leader, both within the company and through public speaking engagements & writings, developing internal methodologies, and conceptualizing & implementing innovation opportunities.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, reporting to the Senior Advisor, Impact Investing.
Technical Direction and Client Engagement (50%)
• Serve as a technical expert and task manager for Resonance’s engagements with donor, industry, non-profit, foundation, and other clients. Engagements might include topics such as investment strategy, opportunity identification evaluation, capital raising advisory services, and investment structuring.
• Serve as the primary liaison with Resonance clients on prime contracts and subcontracts to ensure client satisfaction with all technical work
• Provide analytical insight and support for clients through the generation of compelling reports and presentations
• Provide technical management and oversight of consultants and field teams
• Maintain, expand, and enhance Resonance’s business and partner network, including commercial, foundation, and NGO partners through project technical excellence
Project Management (20%)
• Support Impact Investing Director in managing strategic prime contracts and subcontracts, ensuring outstanding technical delivery as well as efficient and compliant project/budget management, including:
• Designing and developing project work plans and project activities, and ensure high quality and timely deliverables;
• Managing the overall project budgets and financial reporting as needed; and
• Supporting recruiting for local and international consultants as needed
• Mentor junior home office and project field staff
Business Development (30%)
• Lead and contribute to efforts to explore and develop opportunities with commercial, impact investment, non-profit, and philanthropic clients including drafting and preparing commercially-focused proposals, pitch decks, and other collateral
• Assist the Impact Investing Director to develop internal practice methodologies as well as to conceptualize and implement innovation opportunities
• Serve as a member of proposal development teams when required
• No less than 10 (ten) years of progressive experience in finance, investments, or capital raising with experience in management/strategy consulting a plus
• MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
• Demonstrated experience leading and managing client-facing engagements
• Demonstrated passion for impact/development objectives
• Proven ability to fulfill multiple, overlapping tasks in a fast-paced and decentralized environment
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Extensive experience working in frontier markets on complex global development issues
• Demonstrated emotional intelligence and ability to build strong collaborative relationships with a diverse range of colleagues and partners
• Experience in a technical sector, particularly energy or WASH, highly desirable
• Familiarity with results-based financing mechanisms a plus
• Proficiency in a foreign language preferred (Spanish, French, or Arabic)
• Eligibility to work in US
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Senior Associate, Impact Investing" in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.