Knowledge Management Lead, PEPSE
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking candidates for the role of Knowledge Management Lead on our USAID-funded Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) project. The Knowledge Management Lead will oversee and implement knowledge management and development of community of practice learning activities that unite and support PEPSE core task areas, and will liaise with the client (USAID Global Development Lab’s Center for Transformational Partnerships) to build and implement the team’s overall knowledge strategy. S/he will work closely with the Chief of Party, as well as with the technical and communications lead staff members, to ensure continuous improvement and expansion of knowledge management activities and community of practice content development across the project. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, reporting to the PEPSE Chief of Party.
• Provide strategic, analytical, visualization, and written inputs into CTP and PEPSE knowledge management strategy development, drawing upon advisory insights, USAID partnerships data, training content and other products that promote or support USAID’s PSE and partnership activities worldwide
• Lead, coordinate, and/or contribute to knowledge capture and documentation of PSE insights, working with the knowledge management activity manager on the CTP team, and translate this knowledge capture into capacity building products and activities in support of the client.
• Support the development of PSE-focused tools and knowledge management products (e.g. case studies, PPP profiles, lessons learned, strategy papers, how-to-guides)
• As requested, provide oversight to consultants and subcontractors in developing or distributing these knowledge products
• Lead role in defining and making actionable a concrete learning agenda for the PEPSE project and its support to the USAID PSE team.
• Curate and facilitate activities of USAID’s Agency-wide PSE Community of Practice (and any sub-groups or supplementary activities that might emerge over time)
• Support communications team in engaging audiences, internal and external to the Agency, to promote PSE initiatives, collaboration, and learning
• Contribute, as requested, to on-demand PSE technical support for Missions, Bureaus, and Operating Units (MBIOs)
• Additional projects and tasks as requested
• Master’s degree (or higher) in international affairs, public administration, public policy, or a related field preferred
• Minimum of 7-10 years of progressively responsible work experience in contributing to and leading knowledge management initiatives on complex USAID-funded projects
• Experience creating institutional Knowledge Management strategies and systems
• Knowledge of and experience with contemporary knowledge sharing platforms, including file sharing and collaboration platforms, that can serve multiple units within a decentralized organizational structure.
• Demonstrated success in leading, coordinating, and contributing to the timely delivery of quality and technically sound knowledge management products that promote effective technical performance and smooth implementation of institutional policies.
• Experience in drawing from multiple workstreams to create effective success stories, and in designing key KM metrics to enhance value of knowledge capture for the institution
• Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to articulate thoughts and ideas to others, targeting these communication to key internal and external audience segments
• Experience developing an institutional or programmatic learning agenda, and record of success in coaching teams through the process of becoming a more active ‘learning organization’.
• Record of ability to mentor and support a team through process of becoming a more effective “learning organization’.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and ability to work well under pressure
• Self-starter, with outstanding interpersonal and communications skills
• Proven ability to fulfill multiple overlapping tasks in a fast-paced and decentralized environment
• Proven ability to successfully complete demanding tasks in both team and individual contexts
• Eligibility to work in US
• Familiarity with Private Sector Engagement best practices, and with USAID engagement with private sector counterparts
• Experience developing Scopes of Work for discrete ‘on-demand’ engagements from a variety of stakeholders within client organization.
• Experience with virtual communities of practice or ‘knowledge sharing networks’ – including crafting community structure, targeted content development, ongoing promotion of community vitality and fostering uptake and engagement in robust KM practices, etc. -- to support knowledge capture and sharing across a large but decentralized organization.
• Professional experience in managing or documenting activities of public-private partnerships or enterprise-driven development activities, or familiarity with the concept of how corporate capabilities can be leveraged to support improved international development outcomes.
• Familiarity with technical issues such as KM taxonomy, protocols for compiling, input and maintenance of knowledge products, and effective design of search tools and functions.
• Experience educating internal stakeholder groups on the benefits of cross-unit collaboration in effective knowledge capture, and the importance of developing long-term institutional knowledge pools
• Skill at interacting with internal subject matter experts, and successful record of working with experts to making complex content accessible and comprehensible to a broad range of audiences
• International experience
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Knowledge Management Lead, PEPSE” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.