Data Management Analyst, PEPSE
|Washington, DC United States
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking candidates for the role of Data Management Analyst on our USAID-funded Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) project. Reporting to the PEPSE Chief of Party (or his/her designee), the Data Management Analyst provides full-cycle inputs to the collection, validation, cleaning, analysis, and visualization of data, and supports insights, learning, knowledge management and communication activities related to the clients (USAID Global Development Lab’s Center for Transformational Partnerships) private sector engagement (PSE) efforts worldwide. The candidate will lead on implementation of all efforts related to Task 2 of the project, including data collection, analysis and monitoring and evaluation. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC.
• Coordinate efforts to implement the annual data call for USAID, and led on the collection, cleaning, validation, and aggregation of data submitted from USAID Missions, Bureaus and Operating Units
• Coordinate streamlined outreach and communications with USAID Mission and Bureau contacts to triangulate and verify data using various sources
• Aggregate data into spreadsheets and USAID’s internal and external databases, proactively troubleshooting data discrepancies
• Undertake regional, sectoral, and comparative analyses with PSE data for any given fiscal year
• Collaborate with developers and State Department’s Office of Foreign Assistance Resources (F) to troubleshoot and ensure functionality of USAID’s internal database
•Ensure delivery of a complete, clean and validated dataset for each fiscal year
• Collaborate with PEPSE team members in data visualization (e.g. charts, slide desks, infographics) to convey insights externally and internally in a clear, concise, and compelling manner, promoting knowledge management, learning and communications
• Manage CTP’s PSE Tracker to measure progress in supporting Agency and Mission readiness in promoting PSE
• Perform a variety of complex and routine analytical duties
• Serve as go-to point person for rapid-response, demand-driven information requests for data
• Support efforts to translate analyzed data for use in senior level reports
• Collaborate with PEPSE team members to develop insights and analytical products based on USAID’s PSE data and CTP’s PSE Tracker, among others
• Work with Communications and KM staff to support integration and dissemination of PSE data and insights across CTP communications and knowledge products (e.g. memos, infographics, slide decks) and other PEPSE initiatives
• Support PSE Evidence and Learning strategy and working group through research and technical support
• Support Agency efforts to develop and maintain standards around data quality, integrity, metrics and regular tracking through documents, templates and evaluation forms
• Additional projects and tasks as requested
• Bachelor’s degree in business, MEL, economics, international affairs, public policy or related area required; Master’s degree preferred;
• Three to five years progressive experience in data gathering, data cleaning and database management, MEL or related technical areas
• Strong attention to detail with ability to analyze large quantitative data sets
• Substantial experience in data visualization
• Demonstrated experience translating large data sets into concise and effective decision making tools
• Effective communication and presentation skills (written and oral), with ability to articulate data and analysis for wider internal USAID audiences;
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work with diverse teams and diverse stakeholders;
• Ability to fulfill multiple overlapping tasks in a fast-paced environment while delivering quality work on time;
• Ability both to work independently and as a team player
• Experience working with USAID or other large government or donor entities preferred; and
• Experience with public-private partnerships and private sector engagement strongly preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Data Management Analyst, PEPSE” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.