Manager, Strategic Partnerships
|Seattle WA United States
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions consulting firm based in Burlington, Vt. We catalyze lasting impact through our work with variety of clients including bi-lateral donors, foundations, and private sector companies around the world. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by brokering public-private partnerships, providing deep analytical insights in emerging markets, and catalyzing transformational impact investments. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
The political, social, and economic landscape in emerging markets is rapidly changing. Many companies are recognizing that they play an important role in the economic and social growth of countries where they are sourcing, selling, or operating. Resonance believes that driving social change and business growth are not mutually exclusive, and that programs that are tied to companies’ bottom lines are more likely to have sustainable effect. We’ve seen tremendous growth in our commercial and foundation over the last several years, serving clients like PepsiCo, Pearson, Microsoft, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Cargill. We need you to help us build an even stronger business with clients in the commercial sustainability and foundation sectors.
Resonance is seeking a smart, strategic, and entrepreneurial Manager, Strategic Partnerships to join our Commercial Sustainability Services Team, based in Seattle, Wa. The Manager, Strategic Partnerships will be responsible for working with the Corporate Sustainability Services team and a cross-functional working group of colleagues to drive further business growth among corporate and foundation clients. The ideal candidate for this role will have prior sales and/or business development experience, with a strong emphasis on selling consulting services, and an orientation toward results. Additionally, the candidate must have strong understanding of corporate sustainability, corporate social responsibility, international development, and the economic and social dynamics of emerging markets in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. S/he will be skilled at articulating the value that Resonance can bring to prospective clients, and comfortable interacting with clients from across a variety of functions and in a variety of roles. This role will be interacting extensively with prospective and existing clients on a daily basis, so candidates must have the ability to manage multiple wokrstreams, operate in an often ambiguous and changing environment, and shift focus quickly and efficiently. In addition, we expect this to contribute to core projects as necessary.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director, Commercial Sustainability Services. This is a great career opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team.
Business Development (75%)
• Prospect, generate leads, and fill the pipeline
• Gain a solid understanding of the landscape of companies and company representatives who might use Resonance’s services
• Develop and lead the business development outreach strategy to reach new corporate and foundation clients focused on agriculture/food service, fisheries, apparel, tourism, retail and technology sectors
• Leverage existing contacts in the sustainability, CSR, and foundation sectors to build and develop new client relationships
• Attend key conferences or trade shows with a focus on making initial contact with prospective clients and publicizing Resonance’s presence at conferences in partnership with Resonance marketing team
• Build and maintain relationships with corporations, foundations, development finance institutions, and others
• Working with the Director, other Commercial Services staff, and marketing, develop pitches and presentations to new corporate clients
• Develop pricing strategy for consulting work and develop proposal budgets for new pitches
• Refine and run a monthly business development pipeline tracking process
• Seek opportunities to deepen our existing client relationships and footprints through enterprise-level business development
• Work with Resonance’s marketing team to refine our positioning with prospective corporate clients in printed and online materials
• Draft blog posts, case studies, social media content and articles that demonstrate and advance Resonance’s leadership in areas such as partnerships, private sector development, and corporate sustainability
Project Support (25%)
• Contribute to client work on a small portfolio of commercial clients, ensuring that key projects and engagements are delivered on time and within scope
• Support field assessments, research/analysis, business model development for corporate clients
• Build and facilitate meetings and workshops focused on building multi-stakeholder partnerships, or on new approaches to emerging market businesses
• Leverage experience in sustainable sourcing to provide technical expertise in agriculture, fisheries, and other food/manufacturing supply chains
• Mentor and supervise junior home office as well as field-based staff and consultants
Required Education and Experience:
• 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in business development, consulting services sales, corporate sustainability, management consulting, or international development
• Experience working in emerging markets on complex global development issues, with a specific focus on sustainable sourcing and/or food systems sourcing;
• Understanding of international development, and the role of various actors including donors, development banks, companies, NGOs, foundations and impact investors
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to position and frame our services in a way that is tailored for specific clients or industries
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel
• Ability to travel up to 30%, both domestically and internationally
• Eligibility to work in US
• Bachelors’ Degree
Preferred Education, Experiences, and Competencies:
• Experience living and working overseas
• Professional fluency in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic preferred
• Masters’ in business administration, international policy, or international development
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Manager, Strategic Partnerships” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.