Design Team Lead, USAID's Catalyst Project
|Washington, DC United States
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance supports the Center for Development Innovation at the USAID Global Development Lab’s Development Innovation Ventures (https://www.usaid.gov/div), Grand Challenges and Prizes (https://www.usaid.gov/grandchallenges) and other Open Innovation initiatives through the USAID Catalyst project. The Catalyst project is a five-year, $24 million buy-in mechanism that provides institutional support and technical assistance in the design and implementation of innovation and challenge programs.
Resonance is seeking candidates to join our dynamic Catalyst Project in the role of Open Innovation Design Team Lead. This position will be at the leading-edge of expanding the effective use of open innovation approaches across USAID. This position will lead the design of open innovation competitions and programs and contribute to partnership building and related analysis and learning. S/he will work across the Catalyst project’s funding streams and workstream areas, coordinate with and manage resources from the project’s partners, and directly engage clients and other stakeholder in collaboration with the Chief of Party.
• Lead the design and management of open innovation programs and advisory services aligned to the needs, resources and development objectives of USAID missions, bureaus and other stakeholders. This includes advancing ideas and activities through direct partner and client engagement and may include international travel.
• Lead and/or contribute to client intake and advisory discussions for opportunities generated by the project and CDI clients. This will involve working with the COP or directly with primary client contacts.
• Identify, establish and administer appropriate cloud-based platforms that support the design needs of open innovation initiatives supported through the project.
• Identify, capture, apply and share best practices in open innovation design. This includes application to day to day program management and creation of learning and work products for USAID clients and other stakeholders.
• Coordinate partner, project and consultant resources to effectively achieve the objectives of open innovation initiatives delivered through the Catalyst project.
• From your position in the communication, engagement and design support workstream, contribute to thinking and leaning about other project work streams – sourcing and due-diligence; technical assistance and acceleration; evidence, learning and impact.
• Collaborate with the Catalyst Project Chief of Party, Program Manager and Senior Manager in establishing the innovation design capacity of the Catalyst team, informing and reaching project goals and applying Catalyst project lessons to other initiatives at Resonance.
● Masters degree plus 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility designing, managing and supporting social impact projects.
● Knowledge and passion for open innovation approaches, tools and processes relevant to working in developing countries.
● Proven experience engaging USAID, senior level leadership and decision makers in stakeholder organizations.
● Experience managing lean teams and multiple engagements in different states of progress. This includes working with and managing partners, consultants and home office teams to advance activities and thriving in a team of different working styles.
● Experience creating scopes of work, work plans, budgets and related management products for service delivery and client engagement.
● Experience identifying, capturing and sharing failures and best practices for day to day management and program products.
● Outstanding ability to produce and deliver effective presentations, strategies, pitches and related promotional and reporting products.
● Experience with USAID contracting, grant making processes and branding guidance preferred
● Proven experience in coordinating logistics and planning events
● Excellent organizational and administrative skills with keen attention to detail and timeliness and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects on deadline.
● Strong proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT), Google Suite products and OSX applications, social media outlets, etc. Familiarity with Canva, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator a plus.
● Eligibility to work in US.
● Ability to travel internationally up to 30% of the time.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Design Team Lead, Catalyst” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.