Project Assistant, Secure Communities
|Burlington VT United States, 05401
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking candidates to join our dynamic team in the role of Project Assistant in the Secure Communities practice area. The Project Assistant will provide critical support to the team’s project implementation and business development efforts, primarily for USAID- and Department of State-funded projects. The team’s portfolio focuses on democracy and governance, youth development, workforce development, education, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and countering violent extremism (CVE).
This is a full-time position based in Burlington, VT, reporting to the Senior Manager, Secure Communities (in Burlington). Ability to travel up to 20% internationally on short notice required.
The Project Assistant will provide organizational and logistical support to the Secure Communities team in the following areas:
Project & Budget Management (30%)
- Prepare budget spreadsheets and track project expenditures
- Generate project budget reports for Resonance decision-makers
- Manage, submit and track client approvals
- Review and submit consultant invoices
- Liaise with consultants to plan travel, generate consulting agreements, and complete expense reports
- Review overseas field expenses and resolve questions/problems with the field office
- Maintain, update and improve company databases and document retention systems
Business Development (30%)
- Assist technical teams and the business development team in proposal preparation, including budget drafting, recruitment, and general inputs
- Define and track new USAID and commercial business opportunities
- Liaise with domestic and international staff on project and proposal initiatives as necessary
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analytical support to projects
- Conduct desk research on trends and developments in international development
- Take part and/or support stakeholder interviews as part of project activities
- Draft general project correspondence, approvals, reports, presentations, and other miscellaneous documents
- Write and edit blogs on active projects, industry trends, and other noteworthy topics
- Support the preparation of client deliverables, including assessments, evaluations, trip reports, etc., including editing and ensuring adherence to client branding requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations or another relevant field
- 1 – 2 years of professional experience
- Understanding of and demonstrated passion for global development
- Proven capabilities in research, data collection, and qualitative/quantitative analysis
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT) and OSX applications
- Experience reviewing field expenses for overseas projects is preferred
- Eligibility to work in US
- Fluency in a foreign language (French, Spanish, or Arabic preferred)
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Project Assistant, Secure Communities” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.