Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
The Analyst in the Inclusive Markets practice area will provide critical project implementation support throughout the project life cycle and play a vital role in our business development efforts across the practice. The Analyst will support the team’s administration of multiple complex US-based and field-based USAID-funded contracts focused on promoting private sector engagement (PSE) and economic growth; and agriculture, competitiveness, and trade. S/he will also support the capture and proposal development process for USG- and other donor-funded contracts.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, reporting to the Deputy Director for Inclusive Markets, and the Agriculture, Competitiveness and Trade sub-practice area. Ability to travel 20% internationally on short notice required.
Project Management (60%)
• Contribute to the design, implementation, and day-to-day coordination of Resonance projects from the home office and during short-term assignments in the field, as required
• Work closely with the Deputy Director, Managers, and other Analysts to develop, manage, and track portfolio project budgets in accordance with contract requirements, and managing smaller contracts under supervision of the Deputy Director
• Develop scopes of work and staff position descriptions; prepare activity reports and other deliverables, as required; support the recruiting and fielding of project staff and consultants
• Contribute to and/or participate in assessments, workshops, research/analysis, stakeholder interviews (DC and field based), curricula development for training, and evaluations
• Collaborate with Project Operations team and other members of the project management unit to design and implement project management process improvements, as needed
• Support project communications, including website content, articles, success stories, blog posts, etc.
• As business dictates, support cross-practice project needs
Business Development (30%)
• Contribute to business development efforts by helping to identify and track opportunities, and liaising with potential partners
• Carry out research needed to inform opportunity tracking and proposal development
• Support recruiting efforts for the proposal development process
• Contribute to the proposal development process as proposal manager, technical coordinator, personnel manager, corporate capabilities writer, budgeter, and/or cost proposal coordinator depending on the size/scope of proposal, and lead subcontracting opportunities of up to $500K
• Coordinate with prime contractors and subcontractors to ensure timely delivery or required cost, technical and supporting documents required for proposal submission
Additional Activities (10%)
• Draft corporate communications, including website content, one pagers, social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook), blog posts, etc.
• Support the creation of marketing collateral as needed
• Help develop Resonance partnership methodologies, tools, and training curricula
• Other projects upon request
• Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Public Administration, Business Administration, or other relevant field required; Master’s degree preferred
• At least two years of professional experience, preferably in a management consulting and/or global development context
• Proven capability in research and quantitative analysis
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills
• Experience working on USAID-funded projects
• Technical experience in one or more of the following areas: private sector development, economic growth, financial inclusion, agriculture, and trade and competitiveness
• Eligibility to work in US
• Fluency in French, Spanish, or Arabic
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Analyst, Inclusive Markets” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.