Communications Assistant, USAID's PEPSE Project
|Washington, DC United States
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking candidates to join our dynamic team in the role of Communications Assistant with our USAID-funded Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) project. Resonance supports the private sector engagement (PSE) efforts worldwide for the client, USAID Global Development Lab’s Center for Transformational Partnerships.
The Communications Assistant will provide critical project implementation support and play a vital role in our communications efforts on the project, including writing, editing, creating multimedia products and presentations. S/he will contribute to social media, website management, blog writing and provide general administrative support to the project team.
This is a full‐time position based in Washington, DC, reporting to the PEPSE’s Senior Communications & Engagement Lead.
The duties and responsibilities are expected to include the following:
- Support content creation (e.g. preliminary writing, editing, and formatting) for key USAID communications products including: social media, blog posts, website copy, feature articles and impact stories, email marketing, talking points, briefers, presentations, reports, success stories, case studies, infographics, slide decks and data visualization products, and other materials as requested.
- Update internal/external website(s), social media posts and schedules, and other key informational materials
- Contribute to development and implementation of communications strategies
- Edit and/or copy edit internal and external documents and communications materials according to style guide
- Manage the project’s electronic records (spreadsheet trackers, editorial calendar, electronic files, etc.) and organization/maintenance of electronic library/database.
- Conduct basic research as requested and needed to inform updating of Lab products and materials, events and/or strategy
- Support scheduling and logistics for communications, including event staffing/support, recording meeting notes, facilitation of logistics for project events and meetings, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, international development or other relevant field
- 1‐2 years of strategic communications experience in an international context. Understanding of and demonstrated passion for international development and private sector engagement, a plus.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills, strong attention to detail, ability to edit technical documents, and a portfolio of quality written products for a variety of formats (e.g., blogs, articles, op‐eds, etc.)
- Understanding of and experience with strategic social and digital media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, blogging) required
- Proven ability to employ strategies to communicate with internal audiences and working on a USAID project, a plus
- Website (content management) experience
- Multimedia and video editing (FinalCut Pro), a plus
- Experience applying branding standards
- Proven experience in coordinating logistics and planning events
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with keen attention to detail and timeliness and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects on deadline
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently
- Strong proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT), Google Suite products and OSX applications, social media outlets, etc.
- Familiarity with Canva, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
- Strong interest in international development and private sector engagement.
- Eligibility to work in US
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Communications Assistant, PEPSE” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.