Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking candidates to join our dynamic Natural Capital team in the role of Analyst. The Analyst will provide critical project implementation support and play a vital role in our business development efforts in the Natural Capital practice area. The Natural Capital practice’s work spans numerous natural resource management sectors including: sustainable fishing, access to water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and integration water management, climate resiliency and adaptation, biodiversity conservation, and land tenure and management. Resonance specializes in private sector engagement for environmental outcomes, developing partnerships with local and multinational businesses, strengthening conservation and social enterprises, and linking sustainable financing to pressing natural capital issues. Whether it is advancing sustainable fisheries management in South East Asia or combating wildlife poaching in Africa, Resonance believes we can conserve the environment and support green innovation, benefiting communities, companies, and the planet. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, or Burlington, VT, reporting to the Director, Natural Capital. Ability to travel 20% internationally on short notice required.
Project Management (60%)
• Contribute to the design, implementation, and monitoring of Resonance projects from the home office and during short-term assignments in the field, as required
• Work closely with Director and other team members to develop, manage, and track portfolio project budgets in accordance with contract requirements, managing smaller contracts under supervision of a Director
• Develop scopes of work and staff position descriptions; prepare activity reports and other deliverables, as required
• Support the recruiting and fielding of project staff and consultants
• Contribute to and/or participate in assessments, research/analysis, field interviews, curricula development for training, and evaluations
• Support project communications, including website content, articles, success stories, blog posts, etc.
• As business dictates, support cross-practice projects and business development needs
Business Development (30%)
• Contribute to business development efforts by identifying and tracking opportunities, and liaising with potential partners
• Carry out research needed to inform opportunity tracking and proposal development
• Support recruiting efforts for the proposal development process
• Contribute to the proposal development process as proposal manager, technical coordinator, personnel manager, corporate capabilities writer, budgeter, and/or cost proposal coordinator depending on the size/scope of proposal, and lead subcontracting opportunities of up to $500K
• Coordinate with prime contractors and subcontractors to ensure timely delivery or required cost, technical and supporting documents required for proposal submission
Additional Activities (10%)
• Draft corporate communications, including website content, one pagers, social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook), blog posts, etc.
• Support the creation of marketing collateral as needed
• Help develop Resonance partnership methodologies, tools, and training curricula
• Other projects upon request
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; Master's degree preferred
• At least two years of professional experience, preferably in a management consulting and/or global development context
• Proven capability in research and quantitative analysis
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills
• Technical experience in one or more of the following areas: private sector development, conflict management, countering violent extremism, natural resource management, water management
• Experience working with USAID preferred
• Fluency in French, Spanish, or Arabic preferred
• Eligibility to work in US
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Analyst, Natural Capital” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.