Senior Associate, Inclusive Markets
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
The Senior Associate will play a key role on the Inclusive Markets team, working to build the Acceleration & Enterprise Services sub-practice, while also serving across Resonance’s practice areas as a technical resource. They will play a critical technical role in providing expert advice on innovation and acceleration for development objectives on behalf of Resonance clients (donor agencies, corporations, and non-profits around the world). In addition, The Senior Associate will also help drive company growth through business development focused on USG, private sector, non-profits and foundation clients. They will serve as a thought leader, both within the company and through public speaking engagements & writings, developing internal methodologies, and conceptualizing & implementing innovation opportunities. This is a full-time position based in Burlington, VT or Washington, DC, reporting to the Senior Advisor, Acceleration and Enterprise Services Sub-Practice under the Inclusive Markets team.
Technical Direction and Client Engagement (50%)
• Serve as a technical expert and task manager for Resonance’s engagements with donor, industry, non-profit, foundation, and other clients.
• Serve as the primary liaison with Resonance clients on prime contracts and subcontracts to ensure client satisfaction with all technical work
• Provide analytical insight and support for clients through the generation of compelling reports and presentations
• Provide technical management and oversight of consultants and field teams
• Maintain, expand, and enhance Resonance’s business and partner network, including commercial, foundation, and NGO partners through project technical excellence
Project Management (20%)
• Support managing strategic prime contracts and subcontracts, ensuring outstanding technical delivery as well as efficient and compliant project/budget management, including:
o Designing and developing project work plans and project activities, and ensure high quality and timely deliverables;
o Managing the overall project budgets and financial reporting as needed; and
o Supporting recruiting for local and international consultants as needed
• Mentor junior home office and project field staff
Business Development (30%)
• Lead and contribute to efforts to explore and develop opportunities with commercial, impact investment, non-profit, and philanthropic clients including drafting and preparing commercially-focused proposals, pitch decks, and other collateral
• Serve as a member of proposal development teams when required
• No less than 10 (ten) years of progressive experience in development innovation; experience in management/strategy consulting a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in international development, business administration, or other relevant field; MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
• Demonstrated experience leading and managing client-facing engagements
• Demonstrated passion for achieving global development objectives
• Proven ability to fulfill multiple, overlapping tasks in a fast-paced and decentralized environment
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated emotional intelligence and ability to build strong collaborative relationships with a diverse range of colleagues and partners
• Extensive experience working in frontier markets on complex global development issues
• Proficiency in a foreign language preferred (French, Spanish, or Arabic)
• Eligibility to work in US
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Associate, Inclusive Markets" in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.