Call For CV's- Resonance Summer Graduate Internship Program
|Burlington, VT or Washington, DC United States
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is searching for dynamic students to join us in our Burlington, VT headquarters or our Washington, DC office for our paid summer internship program. Students will have the opportunity to work on technical issues related to their skills, experience, and interests across our largest practice areas—Inclusive Markets, Secure Communities and Human Capital, and Natural Capital. Interns will strengthen their program management skills and can support Resonance’s many USAID contracts, gaining insights and exposure to the world of global development.
Responsibilities may include:
Global Development Research & Writing
• Provide qualitative and quantitative analytical support to projects
• Conduct desk research on trends and developments in international development
• Take part and/or support stakeholder interviews as part of project activities
• Assist technical teams and the business development team in proposal preparation, including budget drafting, recruitment, and general inputs
• Define and track new USAID and commercial business opportunities
• Liaise with domestic and international staff on project and proposal initiatives as necessary
Project & Budget Management
• Prepare budget spreadsheets and track project expenditures
• Generate project budget reports for Resonance decision-makers
• Manage, submit and track client approvals
• Review and submit consultant invoices
• Liaise with consultants to plan travel, generate consulting agreements, and complete expense reports
• Maintain, update and improve company databases and document retention systems
• Draft general project correspondence, approvals, reports, presentations, and other miscellaneous documents
• Write and edit blogs on active projects, industry trends, and other noteworthy topics
• Support the preparation of client deliverables, including assessments, evaluations, trip reports, etc., including editing and ensuring adherence to client branding requirements
• Other duties as assigned
- Current enrollment in a relevant graduate degree program including MBA, International Affairs, International Development, etc.
- At least one year of professional experience, preferably in a management consulting and/or global development context
- Proven capability in research and quantitative analysis
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Technical experience in one or more of the following global development areas: private sector development, disaster relief or emergency management impact investing, agribusiness, natural resource management, sustainability, food security, supply chain development, trade and competitiveness, technology for development, financial inclusion
- Fluency in a second language is preferred
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Summer Internship, [Preferred Location]” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.