Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking candidates to join our dynamic team in the role of Senior Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Technical Advisor on the 5-year, $24 million, Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) project, which works to support the integration of private sector engagement (PSE) across the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). With guidance from the US Global Development Lab’s Center for Transformational Partnerships (CTP), the Senior PSE Technical Advisor will work closely with the Chief of Party, PEPSE team members and other stakeholders (e.g. Resonance and PEPSE network consultants, subcontractors) to provide on-demand support to missions, bureaus, and independent offices (MBIOs) to develop and implement private sector engagement (PSE) strategies and initiatives. S/he will be responsible for technical leadership and management of a portfolio of PSE technical and implementation support, training, and strategic advisory engagements. This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, reporting to the PEPSE Chief of Party.
The Senior PSE Technical Advisor will be responsible for project oversight, curriculum planning, technical coordination, and client engagement for the PIVOT project, which the PEPSE project is implementing in coordination with the USAID/Africa Regional Bureau, CTP, and several Missions.
- Serve as key liaison between PEPSE team and client (EGEA, CTP) and project partners (LEARN, INVEST, ISP) on all matters related to project management and operations
- Manage relationships and communications with Missions (Change Teams) and technical support teams, coordinating field visits, and serving as a point of contact between Missions and technical support teams.
- Work with PEPSE team and technical support teams to design and develop project work plans and project activities, and ensure high quality and timely budgets, SOWs, and deliverables for technical engagements within the project
- Support and travel to quarterly DC- and field-based meetings between Missions and project partners.
- Work with client and PEPSE team to assure timely completion of deliverables and assure smooth coordination on all logistics, contracts, financial planning and reporting, and other administrative matters.
- Provide remote advisory support to field staff, focused on private sector engagement, partnership development, and USAID Mission strategy development.
- Oversee and help provide on-demand field-based advisory service support to Mission change teams. Travel for up to 2 weeks to support Mission staff in developing their PSE action planning, and deliver other relevant technical assistance.
- Support the development of a 12-month PSE-oriented curriculum, targeting field-staff based in USAID Missions, with the goal of developing soft skills, PSE skills, CLA skills, and other relevant topics related to the USAID PSE Policy.
- Oversee planning and structuring of training webinars, with support from the PEPSE training team.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; Master’s preferred
• At least 7-10 years of relevant professional work experience, preferably in management consulting and/or global development context
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure that key deadlines are met
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills, strong attention to detail
• Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT) and OSX applications
• Proven capability in qualitative and quantitative analysis and data collection
• Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and rapidly changing environment, on several simultaneous projects
• Understanding of and demonstrated passion for private sector engagement in global development
• Experience working with USAID
• Fluency in a foreign language (French, Spanish, or Arabic preferred)
• Eligibility to work in US
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Senior PSE Technical Advisor” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.