Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking candidates to join our dynamic team as Finance Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The Finance Specialist will provide critical project implementation support, specifically focused on a FISH RIGHT, a USAID-funded project improving sustainable fisheries in the Philippines. As part of the Fish Right project, Resonance is tasked to facilitate increased participation and shared resources/investments in sustainable fisheries from the public and private sector. The Finance Specialist will identify and evaluate different sources of financing (grant, loan or equity) available to Fish Right and partner local government units (LGUs), fishery and marine protected area (MPA) management bodies, NGOs, universities, SMEs, etc. for sustainable fisheries initiatives; assess the financial absorptive capacity of partner organizations; and create and manage proposals for accessing sources of funding.
The Finance Specialist will also work across practice areas to assist with new business development, project management, and client engagement. This is a full-time position based in Manila, Philippines, reporting to Resonance’s Director for Asia. Ability to travel 20% for period of up to two weeks on short notice required. The Finance Specialist will be expected to report to the Fish Right office in Jupiter Street, Makati twice a week.
Conservation Finance Research and Networking for the USAID Fish Right Project (50%)
• Identify national and international sources of financing to support finance needs and develop relationships with financers, as possible
• Lead an assessment, with the support of other Fish Right staff, on the capacity of MPAs to receive financing, and map this against sustainable funding instruments and tools (such as user fees) implemented or available in the Philippines, and lessons learned
• Support the development of LGU/inter-LGU fisheries management plans, and general business models and highly-detailed business plans for MPAs, by advising on appropriate funding options
• Design, implement and monitor proposals (working independently or with Fish Right partners) for accessing grants, loans and/or equity investments from private and public sector organizations, bilateral and multilateral financing institutions, foundations, etc. for fishery and MPA management, research activities, conservation enterprises, and other multi-sectoral collaborations for sustainable fisheries
• Facilitate the increased availability of financial services options and financial literacy training to fishers and coastal communities in Fish Right sites
• Support project management as needed
Technical and Project Management Support for Resonance Asia Office (30%)
• Contribute to the design, implementation, and monitoring of Resonance projects
• Coordinate, plan and staff short-term assignments (less than one week) in the field, as required
• Prepare activity reports and other deliverables, as required
• Contribute to and/or participate in assessments, research/analysis, field interviews, curricula development for training, and evaluations
Business Development and Additional Activities in support of Resonance- Asia Office (20%)
• Carry out research needed to inform opportunity tracking and proposal development
• Work with manager to build pitch decks or other business development materials
• Contribute to the proposal development process as proposal manager, technical coordinator, budgeter, and/or cost proposal coordinator depending on the size/scope of proposal
• Draft corporate communications, including website content, one pagers, social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook), blog posts, etc.
• Help develop Resonance partnership methodologies, tools, and training curricula
• Other projects upon request
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
• 3+ years of professional experience related to business or finance; 2+ years of experience in management consulting, conservation finance, and/or financial applications in the global development context preferred
• Proven capability in research and quantitative analysis, specifically financial analysis
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills
• Experience working with USAID or private sector in emerging market contexts preferred
• Strong ability to use Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
• Technical experience in one or more of the following global development areas: private sector development, impact investing, natural resource management, conservation, and sustainability
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally for periods up to three weeks
• Eligibility to work in Philippines
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Finance Specialist, Manila” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.