Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking a Manager to join our growing dynamic team in our Impact Investing practice. The Manager will play a key role on the Impact Investing team, while also serving across Resonance’s practice areas as a technical resource on topics such as investment opportunity identification & evaluation, capital raising advisory services, and investment strategy development such as structuring result-based financing mechanisms. They will play a critical project management role on projects focused on mobilizing investment and private capital for development on behalf of Resonance clients (donor agencies, corporations, and non-profits around the world).
In addition, the Manager will also help drive company growth through business development focused primarily on the private sector, non-profits and foundation clients. This is a full-time position based in Burlington, VT, or Washington, DC, reporting to the Senior Advisor, Impact Investing.
Project Management and Technical Implementation (60%)
• Support Impact Investing team in managing strategic prime contracts and subcontracts, ensuring outstanding technical delivery as well as efficient and compliant project/budget management, including:
o Designing and developing project work plans and project activities, and ensure high quality and timely deliverables
o Managing the overall project budgets and financial reporting as needed
o Supporting recruiting for local and international consultants as needed
o Support management and oversight for Resonance subcontractors – including budgets, SOWs, contracts
o Oversee timely reporting, as required by the project contract and client
o Work with the Resonance Operations team to ensure contract compliance
o Apply technical expertise to client projects to identify, build, manage, and evaluate approaches and partnerships in areas such as food security, supply chain development, trade and competitiveness, technology for development, financial inclusion, innovation and enterprise development, export and market development
o Other duties as assigned and as needed
Business Development (30%)
• Lead and contribute to efforts to explore and develop opportunities with commercial, impact investment, non-profit, and philanthropic clients including drafting and preparing commercially-focused proposals, pitch decks, and other collateral
• Assist the Impact Investing team to develop internal practice methodologies as well as to conceptualize and implement innovation opportunities
• Serve as a member of proposal development teams when required
Thought Leadership and Other (10%)
• Work with Resonance’s marketing team to expand our position among prospective corporate clients
• Draft blog posts, case studies, and articles that demonstrate and advance Resonance’s leadership in areas such as partnerships, private sector development, and corporate sustainability
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred
• 5 – 8 years of progressive experience in development finance, investments, or capital raising with experience in management/strategy consulting a plus
• Demonstrated experience supporting and managing client-facing engagements
• Demonstrated passion for impact/development objectives
• Proven ability to fulfill multiple overlapping tasks in a fast-paced and decentralized environment
• Demonstrated emotional intelligence and ability to build strong collaborative relationships with a diverse range of colleagues and partners
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills
• Experience working in frontier markets on complex global development issues
• Familiarity with results-based financing mechanisms a plus
• Proficiency in a foreign language preferred (Spanish, French, or Arabic)
• Eligibility to work in US
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Manager, Impact Investing” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.