Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions consulting firm based in Burlington, VT, with offices in Seattle, WA., and Washington, DC. We catalyze lasting impact through our work with variety of clients including Fortune 500 companies, bi-lateral donors, foundations, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) around the world. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments, and citizens work together to create a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by brokering public-private partnerships, providing deep analytical insights in emerging markets, and catalyzing transformational impact investments. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking candidates to join our dynamic team as an Analyst, Commercial Sustainability Services. The Analyst will provide critical project implementation support, specifically focused on our corporate clients, major foundations, and NGOs. S/he will also work across practice areas to assist with project management, new business development, and client engagement. This is a full-time position based in Seattle, WA; Washington, DC; or Burlington, VT, reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Sustainability Services. Ability to travel up to 20% internationally for periods of up to three weeks on short notice required.
Project Management (80%)
• Contribute to the design, implementation, and monitoring of Resonance projects, with a strong focus on corporate, foundation, NGO clients
• Coordinate, plan and staff short-term assignments (usually 2-3 weeks) in the field, as required
• Work closely with team to develop, manage, and track portfolio project budgets in accordance with contract requirements
• Prepare work-back schedules, activity reports and other deliverables
• Support the recruiting and fielding of project staff and consultants
• Contribute to and/or participate in assessments, research/analysis, field interviews, curricula development for training, and evaluations
• Support project communications, including website content, articles, success stories, blog posts, etc.
• As business dictates, support cross-practice projects and business development needs
• Maintain, update and improve company databases and document retention systems
Business Development (10%)
• Conduct background research on companies and industries, working with the Senior Manager, Business Development to turn research into actionable leads
• Carry out research needed to inform opportunity tracking and proposal development, with a focus on commercial clients
• Build pitch decks or other business development materials
• Develop and maintain marketing materials
• Maintain and update Resonance CRM
Additional Activities (10%)
• Draft corporate communications, including website content, one pagers, social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook), blog posts, etc. related to our emerging corporate sustainability services practice area
• Support the creation of marketing collateral as needed
• Help develop Resonance partnership methodologies, tools, and training curricula
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• At least two years of professional experience, preferably in a management consulting and/or global development context, with a specific focus on corporate sustainability
• Understanding of and a passion for sustainability
• Proven capability in research and quantitative analysis
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills
• Additional technical or academic experience in one or more of the following global development areas: private sector development, agribusiness, sustainability, food security, supply chain management, trade and competitiveness, technology for development, financial inclusion
• Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and rapidly changing environment, on multiple simultaneous projects
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally for periods up to three weeks
• Strong ability to use Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
• Sense of humor
• Eligibility to work in US
• Master’s degree in a relevant field
• Experience working with USAID or other development actors and foundations
• Experience living, working or traveling in emerging markets
• Fluency in a second language (Spanish, French, or Arabic preferred)
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Analyst, Corporate Sustainability Services” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.