Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking a Manager to join our growing and dynamic Agriculture, Competitiveness & Trade (ACT) practice. The Manager will play a key role on the ACT team, whose work spans numerous economic development sectors including agriculture, competitiveness, innovation, and trade, with an overarching focus on Private Sector Engagement (PSE). The Manager will play a critical project management role on the team, facilitating cross-sectoral partnerships on behalf of Resonance clients and managing prime and subcontracts in the agriculture and competitiveness sectors. They will also play a technical role on relevant projects and contribute to or lead business development efforts with USAID and other clients. This is a full-time position based in Burlington, VT, or Washington, DC, reporting to the Deputy Director, Agriculture, Competitiveness & Trade. The role will involve travel to developing countries to support business development and project implementation activities.
Project Management (50%)
• Manage strategic prime contracts and subcontracts, ensuring outstanding technical delivery as well as efficient and compliant project/budget management, including:
o Support recruiting for local and international consultants as needed
o Support identification and management of local implementing partners
o Support management and oversight of technical SOWs, contracts, reporting, activities and deliverables
o Manage the overall project budgets, support monthly invoicing, and manage financial reporting as needed
o Work with Resonance operations team to ensure contract compliance
o Work with Deputy Director, Director, and technical teams to design and develop project work plans and project activities, and ensure high quality and timely deliverables
o Other duties as assigned and as needed
• Manage specific Tasks under the Trade and Competitiveness Activity (TCA) and/or the Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) projects
• Mentor junior home office and project field staff
Business Development (25%)
• Play a significant role in expanding Resonance’s project portfolio by developing and expanding client relationships with development implementers, donor agencies, commercial customers, foundation, NGOs, and others
• Support the capture and proposal development process, including the management of proposals, coordination of technical inputs, supporting development of cost inputs, and coordinating with partners, primes, and subcontractors
• Support Resonance thought leadership through writing blog posts and articles, making public presentations, attending and speaking at relevant conferences, etc.
• Apply technical expertise to client projects to identify, build, manage, and evaluate PSE approaches and partnerships, using Resonance’s Sustainable Transparent Effective Partnerships (STEP) methodology
• Support field assessments, research/analysis, curricula development for training, training delivery, PSE workshop preparation and delivery, and evaluations to advance PSE and partnership development for Resonance’s clients and projects
• Support the design and deployment of approaches to develop and support agriculture development, trade and competitiveness to advance Resonance’s expertise in those fields.
• Bachelor’s degree in international relations, international development, agriculture, business administration, or another relevant field; Master's degree preferred
• 5 – 8 years of progressive experience in global development, with experience in management/strategy consulting a plus
• Familiarity with USAID and/or other donor policies and processes
• Experience with and passion for Private Sector Engagement (PSE), agriculture development, private sector development, trade, and competitiveness
• Demonstrated track record of working in cross-sector collaboration, preferably for international companies, NGOs, donors or foundations operating in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and/or the Middle East
• Demonstrated emotional intelligence and ability to build strong collaborative relationships with a diverse range of colleagues and partners
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to travel up to 30% on short notice
• Proficiency in a foreign language preferred (Spanish, French, or Arabic)
• Eligibility to work in US
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Manager, ACT” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.