Senior Lead Trainer, PEPSE (Consultant)
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking a consultant to serve as Senior Lead Trainer for the USAID-funded PEPSE project. As the prime implementer of the USAID-funded Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) program, Resonance supports a range of activities under the auspices of the U.S. Global Development Lab’s Center of Transformational Partnership (CTP) and the Agency’s Mission, Bureaus, and Independent Offices (MBIOs) and facilitates access to communications, technical and institutional support services that facilitate building partnerships with the private sector to achieve sustainable development impact. CTP conducts Private Sector Engagement (PSE) and Private Capital and Microenterprise (PCM) trainings for various Bureaus, Missions, and Independent Operating Units (MBIOs) as well as USAID implementers. The objective of these standardized trainings is to provide USAID technical and program staff with core skills, tools, and methodologies for how to design and implement development programs related to private sector and access to finance engagement.
In their role as the Senior Lead Trainer, the consultant will collaborate with CTP’s Training Activity Manager and PEPSE’s Training Analyst to perform a range of tasks that include (but are not limited to):
• Preparing materials and content pertinent to the training;
• Determining and distributing training roles across the training team;
• Ensuring training team members are prepared for their sessions;
• Facilitating and delivering the training;
• Preparing any deliverables; and
• Assisting the CTP and PEPSE teams with any pre- and/or post-training activities.
• Activity Report: 2-3-page report that includes a general assessment of the training, an evaluation on how non-lead trainers performed, and recommendations for improvements in content, delivery, and approach.
• Debrief: participate in a remote debriefing session with PEPSE and CTP teams to discuss learnings from training.
• Five years of experience working on economic growth, PPP, or private sector-focused activities or programs;
• Master's degree in a relevant field;
• Experience working with USAID required;
• Demonstrated experience delivering trainings for USG MBIOs;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time.
• Knowledge of a foreign language (Spanish, French, Arabic preferred), especially experience facilitating in a foreign language;
• Experience with capacity building in USAID MBIOs;
• A minimum of 5 years of specific experience in training groups on engagement with the private sector;
• Understanding of the USAID CLA framework and its applications;
• Experience conducting coaching sessions in the context of outreach and relationship development
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Senior Lead Trainer, PEPSE” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.