The Catalyst project seeks a detail-oriented and strategic Project Assistant (“Assistant”) to contribute to program administration, stakeholder outreach, event coordination and logistics, innovation competition program design, and learning capture for an upcoming program designed to respond to the humanitarian crisis among displaced Venezuelans in the region and, pending a changed political context, the needs inside Venezuela. The Assistant will closely coordinate and collaborate with a broader team drawn from the Catalyst project team and partners. This includes a Complex Crisis Innovation Senior Manager, to whom the Assistant will report; a grants manager; communications specialists; operations and logistics staff; evidence, learning, and impact (ELI) specialists; social enterprise acceleration specialists; stakeholder engagement specialists with regionally specific experience and network. This will be a full-time position based in DC, through September 2020.
• Support and execute work plan activities, in close coordination with senior USAID staff, the Complex Crisis Innovation Senior Manager, and other Catalyst project workstream leads.
• Alongside the Challenge Manager and Complex Crisis Innovation Senior Manager, research, map, and maintain contact lists including a wide array of stakeholders in the U.S.-Venezuela diaspora community, in Venezuelan migrant-receiving countries, and, situation permitting, inside Venezuela.
• Collaborate on the content creation (dialogue prompts) and moderation for an online crowdsourcing and dialogue platform.
• Support the logistics, operations, and coordination of co-creation events with diaspora and/or migrant-receiving communities and other stakeholders as appropriate. For example, assist with budget management, identify and support vendors through competitive, compliant processes, and communicate and coordinate logistical details (travel, catering, AV, run of show, participant information). Transcribe event notes and elevate findings to colleagues and within the activity design.
• Contribute to the design of and perform day-to-day operations on selected open innovation activities. Monitor and manage outputs to ensure compliance, timely reporting, and adherence to planned budgets.
• Inform, write, and conduct, as needed, communications and outreach activities based on stakeholder insights, dialogue, and contextual nuance.
• Work with the broader Catalyst team to identify and incorporate other skillsets and programming that will strengthen the impact of the work.
• Support the monitoring and collecting insights for the ELI plan and contribute to sections per the plan.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
• Two years of work experience in global development or a related field
• Strong, creative-yet-compliance oriented operations, logistics, and events coordination skills in a fluid, multi-stakeholder, and high visibility situation required.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a high paced environment is required.
• Previous experience in Latin America required.
• Advanced proficiency in Spanish required, Venezuelan Spanish or Spanish fluency preferred.
• Willingness to pitch in no matter how daunting or small the task.
• Awareness of the sensitivities and risks visible political dissidents face.
• A clear, concise, professional and diplomatic communicator
• Experience in innovation programming for development preferred, but not required.
• Previous work in humanitarian and refugee issues, preferred, but not required.
• Previous work with local grantees, preferred, but not required.
• Previous experience facilitating and moderating dialogue, preferred, but not required.
• Eligibility to work in US.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Project Assistant, Catalyst" in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.