|Burlington, VT, Washington, DC or Seattle, WA United States
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking an innovative forward-thinking and strategic Marketing Director to join our rapidly growing global development consulting firm. The Marketing Director will own and drive the marketing and communications strategy to help accelerate growth for the firm. Focus in the following areas (but not limited to): Increasing brand awareness; digital marketing; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate communications; internet and social media marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry and geographic marketing campaigns. We are seeking candidates with experience in a professional services environment, ideally in management consulting.
This is a full-time exempt position based in Burlington, VT; Washington, DC; or Seattle, WA, reporting to the President & CEO. Ability to travel as needed is required.
• Develop a robust, results-based marketing strategy & budget considering Resonance's industry, growth priorities, and current scale
• Plan and execute digital campaigns to promote Resonance’s brand as a thought leader
• Work closely with Business Development team members to ensure high level of visibility in the right channels to promote growth
• Conduct market research into competitors to help inform new products and adapt strategies
• Develop and manage social media strategies, speaking-role submissions, networking strategies, and lead generation
• Manage, orchestrate and mentor a Marketing team
• Serve as a member of the firm’s Leadership Team
• Other duties as needed and requested
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field
• 10+ years of progressively responsible experience leading marketing & communications, combined with experience in successful B2B marketing
• Demonstrated leadership in professional setting with a growing team
• Knowledge and proven experience in the management consulting industry
• Excellent storyteller with exceptional writing skills and the ability to tailor voice for different channels
• Able to come up with big ideas for highly competitive market space including driving issues-based content agenda that can be delivered on
• A drive to continually learn and stay informed about best practices in communications and marketing with a commitment to excellence.
• A strong understanding of digital communications, including social media, email, and web, with proven success in demand generation
• Collaborative, assertive and energetic and able to work both on a team and independently
• Business savvy and demonstrated experience of flexibility and agility in a rapidly changing business
• Strong problem-solving ability, including metrics-driven thinking
• Master’s degree in related field
• Experience working in a global, matrixed organization
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Marketing Director” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.