PACE Dashboard Consultant, PEPSE
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
Resonance was recently named one of Inc. 5000’s fastest growing privately-held companies. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
The mission of Resonance is to help our clients unlock opportunity in frontier markets by designing action-based strategies, forging strategic partnerships, and executing across sector boundaries. Since 2005, we have built over 300 partnerships and delivered solutions that enable businesses to achieve their growth objectives, NGOs to fulfill their missions, and development agencies to reach billions of individuals born into poverty.
As the prime implementer of the USAID-funded Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) program, Resonance supports a range of activities under the auspices of the U.S. Global Development Lab’s Center of Transformational Partnership (CTP) and the Agency’s Mission, Bureaus, and Independent Offices (MBIOs) and facilitates access to communications, technical and institutional support services that facilitate building partnerships with the private sector to achieve sustainable development impact.
As a part of its surge component, PEPSE is working with the PACE Portfolio to evaluate its communications and monitoring and evaluation systems. PACE Portfolio has recently undergone changes on their grants data reporting, aimed at improving the information collection process and database structure/content. The PACE Initiative Portfolio requested PEPSE’s support in streamlining their reporting process and data system to enhance their ability to fulfill quarterly reporting requirements and one-off requests on the portfolio. In support of this activity, PEPSE is seeking a consultant to create the dashboard using reported data such as key performance indicators (revenue, costs, capital, etc.) and project monitoring data (jobs, employment, gender, type of capital) collected from implementing partners. The design of the system is nearing completion, apart from this dashboard interface where users can access and interact with their data.
In order to facilitate the completion of this assignment, PEPSE has budgeted 13 days.
In their role as the Google Dashboard Builder, the consultant will collaborate with the task lead to prepare the data system dashboard. The consultant will build two interfaces, one that provides a snapshot of current indicators and another than provides an interactive return, outlined further below:
As quarterly data is entered into the database by the implementing partners, the graphics update, but no other user interaction is necessary.
• Create 8-10 individual graphic visualizations
• “Heat” map; Bar chart, stacked; Line chart, stacked
• Up to 10 current status numbers
• Update tracker for active implementing partners’ data entry
• Optional: Toggle between the full data set, a select year, or the most recent quarter.
The second dashboard interface provides 6 drop down choices to customize the indicator and parameters to query the database.
• 5 drop down selection lists to build the query parameters
• e.g. indicator (20 options), date range (year, quarter, year, quarter), Aggregation level (4 options), etc.
• Return format can be a sum, count, percent, or list of individual entries in the database and their associated data.
• Some indicators can further be disaggregated in a pivot table by gender, type, source, etc.
• Snapshot Dashboard
• Query dashboard
The ideal candidate has:
• Professional experience creating automatically updating dashboards, data visualizations, and complex queries in Google Sheets using internally reported data, rather than external.
• Demonstrated ability to complete exceptional work on similar projects within allotted LOE.
• Ability to find problems, and work through challenges in reasonable timeline.
• Ability to communicate effectively, explain concepts, and translate requests from individuals who do not have a data background.
• Lite visualization/graphic design experience or ability to balance function with aesthetics.
Ideally, this task will be completed by November 30, 2019.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “PACE Dashboard Consultant, PEPSE” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.