Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking an Analyst to join our growing and dynamic Natural Capital team. The Analyst will play a key role in our Natural Capital practice area, focused on providing technical expertise, research, and project management for our sustainable seafood and fisheries project portfolio. The Analyst will provide critical project implementation support and play a vital role in our business development efforts in the Natural Capital practice area, especially in promoting sustainable fisheries and aquaculture.
Project Management (60%)
• Contribute to the design, implementation, and monitoring of Resonance’s Natural Capital projects focused on sustainable seafood and fisheries with USAID, NGOs, foundations and corporates from the home office and during short-term assignments in the field, as required
• Work closely with team members to develop, manage, and track portfolio project budgets in accordance with contract requirements, managing smaller contracts
• Develop scopes of work and staff position descriptions; prepare activity reports and other deliverables, as required
• Support the recruiting and fielding of project staff and consultants
• Maintain strong relationships with clients, subcontractors, consultants, and other partners, including facilitating calls and in-person meetings and producing professional emails and briefing documents
• Contribute to and/or participate in assessments, research/analysis, field interviews and evaluations
• Support project communications, including website content, articles, success stories, blog posts, etc.
• As business dictates, support cross-practice projects and business development needs
Business Development (30%)
• Contribute to business development efforts by identifying and tracking opportunities, and liaising with potential partners
• Carry out research needed to inform opportunity tracking and proposal development for USAID, NGO, foundation and corporate sustainability clients
• Support recruiting efforts for the proposal development process
• Contribute to the proposal development process as proposal manager, technical contributor, personnel manager, corporate capabilities writer, budgeter, and/or cost proposal coordinator depending on the size/scope of proposal, and lead subcontracting opportunities of up to $1.5 million
• Coordinate with prime contractors and subcontractors to ensure timely delivery or required cost, technical and supporting documents required for proposal submission
Additional Activities (10%)
• Draft corporate communications, including website content, one pagers, social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook), blog posts, etc.
• Support the creation of marketing collateral as needed
• Support innovation within Resonance, including of the sustainability seafood partnership assurance model
• Other projects upon request
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, including international development, natural resource management, marine biology, or environmental science
• 2+ years of professional experience, preferably in a management consulting, global development, corporate sustainability and/or environmental non-profit context
• Proven capability in research and quantitative analysis
• Outstanding written and oral communications skills
• Technical experience in one or more of the following areas: fisheries and aquaculture production, business and supply chain operations, seafood sustainability, private sector development, natural resource management, corporate sustainability, and/or market based environment conservation
• Eligibility to work in US
• Master’s degree in a relevant field
• Experience working with USAID or other donor
• Fluency in French or Spanish
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Analyst, Natural Capital” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.