Communications Specialist, USAID Promoting Excellence In Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) Project (Consultant)
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.
Resonance is seeking a Communications Specialist to support the USAID PEPSE project. As the prime implementer of the USAID-funded Promoting Excellence in Private Sector Engagement (PEPSE) program, Resonance supports a range of activities under the auspices of the U.S. Global Development Lab’s Center of Transformational Partnership (CTP) and the Agency’s Mission, Bureaus, and Independent Offices (MBIOs). The project facilitates access to communications, technical, and institutional support services that facilitate building partnerships with the private sector to achieve sustainable development impact.
One cross-cutting component of the PEPSE Team supports the clear and effective communication of USAID’s Private Sector Engagement (PSE) policy through the delivery of communications products and resources that facilitate greater awareness and support the implementation of the PSE Policy for the Agency’s key internal and external audiences. PEPSE is seeking a Communications Specialist to provide intermittent consultancy support (50-65%) starting January 2020 with potential for a long-term part-time role.
The consultant will provide valuable technical and implementation support for PEPSE’s internal and external communications activities. They will play a key role in supporting and leading the development of key program deliverables and messaging, and will perform a range of tasks that include:
• Assist in the development of documents that communicate key USAID and PEPSE successes and challenges;
• Provide ongoing technical and communications support to PEPSE technical staff, including editing, formatting and re-packaging technical information for appropriate communication to different audiences;
• Provide communications support for tasks related to Knowledge Management, Trainings and Advisory Services;
• Support the team with content development and editing for the monthly, quarterly and annual reports for PEPSE’s donors;
• Support the developing of the following communications tools and products: marketing materials, copy for the USAID intranet, blog entries (specifically but not limited to Marketlinks and Medium biogs), scripts for podcasts and conference calls and short-form videos, newsletter-style articles and social media posts (specifically Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
Please note that these tasks and the time required to support them are subject to change based on client needs. Below includes a list of illustrative deliverables that would be asked of the consultant, depending on assignment.
• Provide editorial assistance on Private Sector Assessments and/or other proprietary reports, which include addressing technical comments and producing a finalized product for client submission;
• Drafting and/or reviewing technical slide-decks;
• Blog entries (specifically but not limited to USAID Impact, Medium, USG blogs);
• Supporting the drafting, formatting and editing for newsletters and technical articles surrounding private sector engagement;
• If applicable, graphic design for marketing materials and events.
• Masters’ degree and minimum of 5 years of experience working on communications in economic growth, Public Private Partnerships (PPPs), or private sector-focused activities or programs; OR Bachelors’ degree and minimum of 7 years of experience;
• Demonstrated proficiency with communication resource development (newsletters, technical reports, trainings, marketing materials etc.);
• Ability to develop graphics and polished communications products;
• Experience writing news stories and thought leadership pieces and developing branded communications deliverables for a USAID client;
• Experience communicating and/or working with private sector clients/partners, preferably in an international development context;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Prior experience working with USAID or for a USAID client;
• Fluency in written and spoken English is required;
• Eligibility to work in US.
• Knowledge of a foreign language a plus (Spanish, French, Arabic preferred), especially experience facilitating in a foreign language;
• Master’s degree in a relevant field.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Communications Consultant, PEPSE" in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’ (e.g., Smith_Jane.pdf). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.