Position title: Fundraising Officer
Position location: Ottawa
Reports to: Manager, Communications and Fundraising
Contract term: 1 year, renewable
Application deadline: May 28, 2017
Nature and Scope:
WUSC’s communications and fundraising team works to raise Canadian awareness on and funds for pressing global development issues, particularly in education, inclusive economic growth, youth empowerment, international volunteer cooperation, and refugee resettlement. We develop - and support our network to develop - communications and fundraising products that elevate WUSC’s visibility within Canada and globally. We seek to engage and mobilize a variety of audiences around our mission and vision, including institutions, organizations, businesses, members, alumni, donors, students, and volunteers.
The Fundraising Officer will work closely with the Manager, Communications and Fundraising, and Communications and Fundraising Officers to implement key elements of WUSC's Fund Development Plan. The Fundraising Officer plays a key role in building and maintaining relationships with our alumni and donors. She/he helps to mobilize Canadian funds to help marginalized youth realize their full potential.
- You will pay great attention to detail in gift processing, receipting, gift analysis, and donor database maintenance (Raiser’s Edge) in compliance with regulatory authorities.
- You enjoy interpreting data and will help prepare quarterly fundraising analysis report.
- You know how to get people excited to fundraise and will support WUSC’s volunteer (third party) fundraising initiatives, in collaboration with various departments.
- You will apply your creativity, and your excellent writing and storytelling skills, to help draft and edit fundraising content (direct mail, newsletters, phone campaigns, etc.)
- You love connecting with people and will excel in maintaining and nurturing positive relationships with current donors
- You appreciate the contributions individual Canadians have made to global development and will leverage this appreciation to secure greater alumni participation in WUSC’s fundraising activities
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Two to three years of successful, direct experience in fundraising
- Additional experience in sales and marketing an asset
- A knack for asking people for money- you really enjoy fundraising
- Motivated, creative, hardworking, optimistic, and a team player
- A strong communicator – written and verbal, and can adapt your style for diverse audiences
- Passionate about fundraising and good stewardship with a diverse range of donors
- Ability to work in French an asset
- Have experience in a non-profit international development organization
- Committed to the mission and values of WUSC
- Able to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle
- Able to multi-task
- Able to work under pressure of deadlines and dollar goals
- Able to travel across the country
- Available for weekend and evening work
- Knowledgeable in Raiser’s Edge and data management
WUSC is a leading Canadian non-profit organization in international development, committed to building a more equitable and sustainable world. We work with a unique and powerful network of post-secondary institutions, private-sector partners and volunteers to provide education, employment and empowerment opportunities that improve the lives of millions of disadvantaged youth around the world.
WUSC offers a dynamic international work environment with a diverse intercultural workforce. We offer employees exciting opportunities to apply their skills and gain experience all while making a difference for youth around the world. We believe youth have the potential to provide for their families, build strong communities, and create positive social change for future generations. Employees at WUSC work hard to create lasting change in education, employment and empowerment.
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
If you wish to apply for this position, please register on WUSC’s candidate database.